“Great seafood!”
Review of 456 Fish

456 Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
456 Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 829 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: 456 Fish offers a wide variety of Seafood, steaks, chicken and pork. Only the freshest ingredients are used.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great location right on Granby near the light rail and lovely building with older architecture including very interesting ceiling fans belted together and operated by one motor. The staff was very attentive and the food was excellent. I will definately go back!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I ate here last night and was very pleasantly surprised. Ihad heard freally good things about this restaurant from friends so my expectations were high. My expectations were met and exceeded. My server was knowledgible and friendly without hovering. Her suggestions for apetizer(Hatteras Chowder) and wine(I forget) were spot on.

1  Thank Bill W
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Arriving late on a sleepy summer eve, we found this place and the food and ambience were terrific. We sat at 930pm which is a bit late and our server was not accommodating. Perhaps she was having a bad day, but she barely welcomed us, did not ask if we wanted a drink, we had to ask for the fresh bread that tether tables were served, etc. That s the bad news. The very good news is the food. We had fresh grouper and swordfish, prepared perfectly and accompanied by inventive sides like sweet mash medallions and collard greens with a kick. We were very impressed with the caliber of food and would certainly return, but you can bet we will remember miss puss face and not have her again.

1  Thank harvsibley
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Most of the successful restaurants left in this part of Norfolk seem to be run by the same group, including this one - the rest appear to be folding up shop (oh these economic times!). The place was packed for dinner when we went - it was a Saturday evening, and fortunately we made reservations. Great atmosphere, menu, food and service! Trusted the chef's recommendations for the fresh catch and it was awesome. The crab soup was the best we've had in awhile. Found out they change up the risotto depending on the dish you have - in our case, fused with coconut milk - very nice! We had a multiple course meal and our bowls and plates left clean (and we were left stuffed). The only con I can say was that the wine stock was a little slim, but what they did have was good.

1  Thank Rob S
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Two months ago, I posted a raving review of 456 Fish. I really thought very highly of this restaurant. They completely failed to live up to these standards for my second visit.

Our waiter was slow to take our order and generally inattentive. Though my fish was cooked correctly, the cut of meat was of very poor quality (it was cooked rare, but was really tough). Finally, my second glass of wine was from a corked bottle. Though the waiter gladly replaced it, he replaced it with a glass from the same bottle. He could have recovered by replacing it again, but he would have had to come back to our table to do so. I guess he couldn't be bothered to follow up. That's absolutely unacceptable for a $50 meal.

I may give them another chance because of how great my first experience was here, but I'm not in a hurry to return.

1  Thank TBDWorldTraveler