“Great food”

Shula's 347 Grill - Norfolk
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's 347 Grill - Norfolk is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic
Description: Exclusively serves Premium Angus Beef® burgers and steaks, the best beef money can buy.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Was in town to watch the Orioles take on the Norfolk Tides. Decided to try this restaurant for dinner and overall the food, atmosphere, and the establishment were great. My girlfriend asked our waitress to turn to the ESPN channel to watch basketball game and she was right on with making sure our needs were taken care of. The steaks were full of flavor and tender... I'll be back.

• Visited March 2014

Los Angeles
“I guess the message is to not order seafood at a steak house.”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Perhaps the message here is to not order seafood at a steak house. After rave reviews by the waitress, I decided to try the $27 crab cakes. They were as dry as sawdust and it took a knife to saw through the oily crust on the bottom. Apparently overcooked in the frying pan. Don't start over or anything, just serve it anyway. Just terrible. The garlic smashed potatoes were luke warm at best. They too were very dry. So much so I could put a fork under one end and tilt the entire stiff pile of potatoes. The vegetable melody that came with the dish were just plain cold. Probably explains why there were very few tables seated at dinner time. I'm surprised a guy like Don Shula would put his name on this establishment. The one positive, the waitress was good.

• Visited April 2014
Jeff C, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Norfolk, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We appreciate customers who let us know when things aren’t right. You stated in your review that you food was dry. Please know that this does not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Nothing is more important than regaining your trust. We hope you will give us the opportunity to once again welcome you back and provide you with the quality of food and service that you deserve.
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great Burgers Too”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I went to this place with my boss recently. Shula's is known for their beef, but they were out of "Cowboy Steaks" - which is the only steak I was hoping to try. And since I was going to eat steak the next night again anyway, I wanted to get my hands on a good juicy burger. I was not disappointed. The burger was juicy, delicious, and cooked to perfection. It came with a generous side of potatoes, but I could not even eat them all. My boss got their fresh fish and thought it was so good he polished it off in no time. The cocktails were tasty too, but the best part was the service - the ladies on staff were timely and attentive. Well done Coach!

• Visited April 2014
St. Thomas
“About what I expected for a hotel bar/restaurant”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Marriot for a conference and out of convenience went into Shula's quite often, usually for a quick drink but I did eat a steak there for lunch after my presentation. The steak was good, I think it was a $40 meal but considering where I was, in a hotel restaurant on the waterfront, I sort of expected it. The place was usually quite crowded in the early evening but I thought that may have been due to the conference but it seemed like there could have been a few more employees on hand. If you're staying at the hotel or another 1 nearby, it's worth checking out.

• Visited May 2013
Jeff C, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Norfolk, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. A superb cut of steak is what we are known for. We appreciate your dining at Shula's 347 and we look forward to your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Stay away!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Tried to get seated could not, tried to get menu could not finally got waiter to take drink order brought Martini with paper in the drink - had response that i was not paper but was lemon - not how you handle the complaint of a customer who had barely had any of his drink. While it is the main restaurant of the hotel you will be better off leaving the hotel and finding food and drink elsewhere in Norfolk

• Visited March 2014
Jeff C, Manager at Shula's 347 Grill - Norfolk, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for dining with us at Shula's 347 and for providing us with feedback. Please accept my apologies, your experience certainly does not reflect the standards we hold here at Shula's 347. We have addressed our staff, to ensure that all employees are committed to providing efficient and pleasant service and our reputation for good service is maintained. I hope you will return and give us another opportunity to showcase our best.

All the best,