“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Petersburg, Virginia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

From the first weekend that they opened to now, I have enjoyed my stay here. When I am in the area this is my favorite place to stay. Easy access to the highway. comfortable beds, sizeable rooms, good breakfast and very quiet.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your continued business over the years. While I am new to the property I love to hear from our guests who continue to stay with us. It sounds like we are have been exceeding your expectations and I will strive to continue that in the future. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make your stay great in the future. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks again! -Richard Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent Hotel. Staff were very courteous and friendly. Beds were comfortable. Front desk clerk was very enthusastic. Complimentary Breakfast staff was very helpful and friendly. Would loved to have had some scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon. Did not care for the western omelet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a positive review! We sincerely appreciate your business and I’m glad that everything went so well for you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further assist. We truly look forward to serving your corporate and personal travel needs again in the future. I regret to here you were disappointed with your omelet. We vary our selection daily, but let me know when you are in town next; I will try to make it a scrambled egg and bacon day.
Thanks again! -Richard Murphy
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

at this hotel for a quick overnight business trip. arrived late. half of the cable channels inoperative....no big deal. The next morning I went to fitness center to find that all equipment was either inoperative or dangerous to use because they were broken. The response from the desk when i reported this as i was leaving was, "yeah, we know, been that way for a while and new equipment is on order but if you had asked we could have given you a guess pass to the nearby Hilton"....not a very professional response.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bob k
Richard M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our fitness facility. As you stated, we have ordered new equipment and we are awaiting delivery. We again apologize for the poor level of service you received and we hope you will come visit us in the future. Thank you for your comments.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was on a business trip so had to stay for 4 nights. They provided the most excellent customer service. The associates were very friendly especially even the housekeeping. I will always now on choose to stay at Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here the first week in December on business. I've never been to this Hampton and was not disappointed. It's in a convenient location right off I-64 and Military Highway/US13. It shares part of its parking lot with the Hilton next door and as a result there is more than ample parking available.

The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are standard Hampton but lack mini-fridges. When I'm staying for more than one night, it's most helpful to have that fridge as I like to keep fruit and juice at hand in my room. I assume each Hampton franchisee has the option as to whether or not to place them in the rooms as I've encountered several Hamptons over the years without the fridges. Otherwise, everything was crisp, clean and fresh. I will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Marlyland, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Convenient to I64 and airport. Rude night check in clerk, but all other staff I met were very friendly. Even numbered rooms face a very busy street. I'm not a light sleeper, and it still woke me up several times and morning traffic was busy and fast even on saturday morning. Try to get an odd numbered room if this is a concern.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms should be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This really is somewhere between 3 and 4 "Circle" hotel. But this Hampton Inn does enough of the little stuff right to warrant a Very Good rating.
The bedding is very nice, and a placard says that the duvet covers and sheets are washed before every stay, which - I admit - I appreciated: I sometimes wonder about that. The mattress was very comfortable, and the room was...roomy. Everything was clean.
The staff was very friendly, especially the woman tending the morning breakfast bar, which is included for free. The breakfast was better than the usual free breakfasts I have had at other places. Check in was fast and efficient on Thanksgiving Eve. The shuttle from the airport was quick. Internet was complimentary.
Two things to nit-pick: First, the room was definitely on the older side. There was a gouge in the wall, and the ugly gold wallpaper in the bathroom showed its age. In addition, the king bed FACED the window, so you have to really work to shut the drapes to keep the bright VA morning sunshine out of your eyes.
Overall, I was satisfied. My aunt used her Hilton points to book me this room for $56, which is a very good deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo