“wouldn't stay here again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
GreenLeadersBronze level
Roanoke, Virginia
“wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

at this hotel for a quick overnight business trip. arrived late. half of the cable channels inoperative....no big deal. The next morning I went to fitness center to find that all equipment was either inoperative or dangerous to use because they were broken. The response from the desk when i reported this as i was leaving was, "yeah, we know, been that way for a while and new equipment is on order but if you had asked we could have given you a guess pass to the nearby Hilton"....not a very professional response.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bob k
Richard M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Norfolk-Airport, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of our fitness facility. As you stated, we have ordered new equipment and we are awaiting delivery. We again apologize for the poor level of service you received and we hope you will come visit us in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was on a business trip so had to stay for 4 nights. They provided the most excellent customer service. The associates were very friendly especially even the housekeeping. I will always now on choose to stay at Hampton.

• Stayed December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here the first week in December on business. I've never been to this Hampton and was not disappointed. It's in a convenient location right off I-64 and Military Highway/US13. It shares part of its parking lot with the Hilton next door and as a result there is more than ample parking available.

The staff are friendly and efficient. The rooms are standard Hampton but lack mini-fridges. When I'm staying for more than one night, it's most helpful to have that fridge as I like to keep fruit and juice at hand in my room. I assume each Hampton franchisee has the option as to whether or not to place them in the rooms as I've encountered several Hamptons over the years without the fridges. Otherwise, everything was crisp, clean and fresh. I will return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Marlyland, USA
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Convenient to I64 and airport. Rude night check in clerk, but all other staff I met were very friendly. Even numbered rooms face a very busy street. I'm not a light sleeper, and it still woke me up several times and morning traffic was busy and fast even on saturday morning. Try to get an odd numbered room if this is a concern.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms should be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This really is somewhere between 3 and 4 "Circle" hotel. But this Hampton Inn does enough of the little stuff right to warrant a Very Good rating.
The bedding is very nice, and a placard says that the duvet covers and sheets are washed before every stay, which - I admit - I appreciated: I sometimes wonder about that. The mattress was very comfortable, and the room was...roomy. Everything was clean.
The staff was very friendly, especially the woman tending the morning breakfast bar, which is included for free. The breakfast was better than the usual free breakfasts I have had at other places. Check in was fast and efficient on Thanksgiving Eve. The shuttle from the airport was quick. Internet was complimentary.
Two things to nit-pick: First, the room was definitely on the older side. There was a gouge in the wall, and the ugly gold wallpaper in the bathroom showed its age. In addition, the king bed FACED the window, so you have to really work to shut the drapes to keep the bright VA morning sunshine out of your eyes.
Overall, I was satisfied. My aunt used her Hilton points to book me this room for $56, which is a very good deal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chelsea, MI
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We always sleep well at Hampton Inns and appreciate the size of the bedroom and bathroom.

We always enjoy the complimentary breakfast as well - but this time it fell short of the usual quality. I think that the staff working in the breakfast area was not really focused on keeping it stocked and picked up. They had friends eating in the area and weren't really being professional about attending to their job. The oatmeal bins were low or out. One of the coffee pots was empty. The coffee trash was overflowing.

The other Norfolk Hampton Inn also had staff that seemed to act like it was their personal hangout rather than attending to their job duties. There were friends of staff hanging out in the lobby and on the computer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I alway try to stay here when doing business. The location is perfect, close to the airport and the main freeways, makes it easy to get around quickly. The staff has always been professional and the breakfast is excellent. The rooms are clean and the internet service is alway working and stable. I would recommend this to anyone doing business.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business