“The most horrible hotel ever!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Savannah Suites Norfolk
Savannah Suites Norfolk
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Bayonne, New Jersey
“The most horrible hotel ever!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The rooms are dirty and smell bad. When we checked in our room looked as if someone had been living there for a while. There was clothes on the bed and floor. There was a stick of butter on the stove and personal items in the bathroom. They gave us another room that wasn't to much better. Every time the people in the next would use their bathroom sink it sound like a construction site. Our bathroom was dirty and so was the refrigerator. There is a Walmart about 2 minutes away. I had to buy cleaning products for the bathroom, towels and wash clothes. I even brought a blanket because I didn't feel comfortable laying on the sheets. All the money I spend at Walmart I could have just got a better hotel from the start. Next time I know to do better research and I don't recommend this hotel to anymore. Stay away not even for one night

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel if you want a good experience. There are two hotels next to the hotel s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank M_K201428

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at Savannah Suites Norfolk for two nights, and it was the absolute worst for several reasons.

1. The AC did NOT work. When I opened the door, there was an unwelcoming scene. The AC cover was on the ground and I could see the old, rusty inside of the AC. Maintenance came up to try to put the cover back on, but couldn't because part of the cover was broken. Maintenance told me to "just put something underneath." Even worse, I later discovered that the AC did not work. At best, it was a fan that gave off lukewarm air.

2. The bathtub drain was CLOGGED.

3. Front Desk: Unfriendly, Unprofessional, and Poor Communicators. When I called the front desk to notify that the AC did not work and that the bathtub drain was clogged, I was told that maintenance will come shortly. Fifteen minutes passed with no visit, so I called again. Then I was told, maintenance people went home and that they will make a visit the next day. The next day, maintenance did NOT make a visit.

4. This was the worst of all: my door did NOT LOCK. The door was EASILY opened from the outside. On my way out, I pushed the doorknob down to double check if it was locked. I was shocked because the door opened. The card reader thing that is supposed to function as a lock had no point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan K
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I had bed bugs the room still has them. Everytime I would brinf towels and sheets downstairs they were never clean ones. I dont unserstand how there isnt eniugh linen and towels for everyone I would wait all day for linen and towels. There are loud people fussing and fighting all night. The staff is rude at times and openly complains. I stayed until I couldnt anymore because I had no where else to go

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Meanone52
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

It's an insult to the hotel industry for this so called establishment to be called a hotel! The room smelled like cat urine, the cupboards were dirty, the elevator did not work (and they put us up on the 4th fl with kids and my father who is handicapped) and there were flies in the room! Good thing we got a refund, even if this room was free I would still not take it! I would be more comfortable in the car!!!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Souvenirs_de_famille
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me, the hubby and all 3 kids stayed at this hotel in Norfolk to be close to grandparents this past week. The rooms were comfortable enough and we felt safe.

The location is fantastic making it easy for us to visit the ocean front with little effort of finding the interstate and the shopping nearby was great. Wal-Mart is only five minutes away!

It was a little annoying to not have wireless, but the internet was fast and the table and chairs set near the connect made it tolerable.

Great prices is by far the biggest draw, so my family will use this hotel again when we come back to Norfolk.

Room Tip: Bring a internet cord if you plan to use the internet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vegetaswife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for a few months for college and they were alright. The people at the desk seemed clueless all of the time. My keys happened to fall down the elevator shaft (like how does that happen?) Cause it has a huge hole between the elevator and the floor. Well that's where my keys have been for the past 2 months. They haven't tried the least bit to give me my keys back. Other than that, they're okay.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank StarDoee
afarmerss, Guest Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. I trust the hotel has been in contact since your review was posted to notify you that your keys have been retrieved. I apologize for the delay and on behalf of Savannah Suites, welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel that had fridge, stove, microwave, nice size bathroom and a nice room and comfy bed.
the staff was really nice and knowledgable, most of them. the two ladies that helped us was very nice. very reasonably priced and I hoping next year when I come for my cousins wedding that we will be able to stay there again and it still be just as nice and affordable.
The one thing that will make this great is a indoor pool! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple