I stayed at Savannah Suites Norfolk for two nights, and it was the absolute worst for several reasons.
1. The AC did NOT work. When I opened the door, there was an unwelcoming scene. The AC cover was on the ground and I could see the old, rusty inside of the AC. Maintenance came up to try to put the cover back on, but couldn't because part of the cover was broken. Maintenance told me to "just put something underneath." Even worse, I later discovered that the AC did not work. At best, it was a fan that gave off lukewarm air.
2. The bathtub drain was CLOGGED.
3. Front Desk: Unfriendly, Unprofessional, and Poor Communicators. When I called the front desk to notify that the AC did not work and that the bathtub drain was clogged, I was told that maintenance will come shortly. Fifteen minutes passed with no visit, so I called again. Then I was told, maintenance people went home and that they will make a visit the next day. The next day, maintenance did NOT make a visit.
4. This was the worst of all: my door did NOT LOCK. The door was EASILY opened from the outside. On my way out, I pushed the doorknob down to double check if it was locked. I was shocked because the door opened. The card reader thing that is supposed to function as a lock had no point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savannah Suites Extended Stay Hotel in Norfolk is conveniently located at the intersection of Military Highway and Lowery Road less than 1.5 mile I–64 and 1 mile from I-264.Our hotel is furnished with Full Kitchens, a Fitness Room, a 24 Hour Guest Laundry Room, Free High Speed Internet and many other amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Savannah Suites Norfolk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.