“I will NEVER stay at thishotel again!”

Savannah Suites Norfolk
Savannah Suites Norfolk
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Norfolk, Virginia
“I will NEVER stay at thishotel again!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

My family wentto this establishment during the hurricane--worried about a tree falling-----biggest mistake ever!! It was the trashist hotel I have ever seen, not to mention the management staff I guess doesn't care about their guest, when kid's were runningup anddown our hall unsupervised---and drugs are clearly used--- without fear of anyone getting in trouble!!! Iknow you can't control what every guest does---but your nottelling me the staff can't get involved--or contact management and have the problem situated! I have made several reports on this and will continue to do --untilsome action is taken!! I wasn't aware when I went to thishotel trying toprotect my kid's that I was moving them into a drug haven--and the place was disgusting- things in thekitchen were dirty and ---just horrible ---I will never--- ever goto this trashy place again!! And I will make sure I tell everyone I know the same

Room Tip: chose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews are taken very seriously at our hotels and provide the opportunity to improve our services and amenities for our guests. Allegations of drug use are taken very seriously and should be reported to the front desk for immediate police action. We sincerely apologize that the appropriate steps were not taken in this instance, and we intend to address the issue with additional training of our front desk staff. Based upon your review and others, Savannah Suites Norfolk has changed management and will take appropriate action to ensure that all of these issues are reviewed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
long beach ca
Reviewed December 31, 2011

shower head was installed on wall FACING the shower curtain, not on the side as they usually are, shower curtains in bathroom too high (doesnt touch floor) so there would be a big puddle on bathroom floor everytime shower was used. any inquiry with front desk, reply would be -i dont know, management takes care of that. i have no idea, management will know. requested for extra pillows, they had NONE. bed was itchy, when requested to change linens, they do not change on first night, was adviced to wash linen in guest laundry. remote not working, very very old tv, channel buttons broken. very cheap price at $50++ but NOT worth the savings at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank toffee b
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews are taken seriously at our hotel and used as a training tool to improve our amenities and services. From the description of the bathroom, it sounds like you were placed in a handicapped accessible room. The shower is specifically designed this way to allow a person in a wheel chair to roll into the shower to bathe. While it seems impractical to a guest not in a wheel chair this set up is in compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act. Our front desk should be more responsive and helpful than what you had experienced. A copy of your review will be circulated to all Front Desk representatives and will be used in future training.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed December 3, 2011

If I could rate this place a -10 I would. We made reservations a few days prior to our check in. The day we actually checked in we had actually been up all day moving out of our home so that we could rent it out. After an extremely long day we finally got to the room at 1:30 am. We have 4 kids and three of them are 3 and under. They were all exhausted as well so we took them in and laid them on the bed under the covers without turning on the light (so we wouldn't wake them). After about 30 minutes of unpacking clothes and groceries my hubby and I decided to finally lay it down ourselves but not before we changed a couple of diapers. At this point we had to turn on the lights to see....to my horror, I see black pellets on the bed that my 16 month old was laying in. I frantically called my hubby over and he informed me that they were rat feces! I wanted to throw up. There were about 10-15 pieces of droppings in the bed. We checked the other bed in the room and found another 4 pellets there as well. At this point the front desk person was already gone for the night. We caught one of the managers who just so happen to come in and do some paperwork. She tried to move us to another room...As if!!! At 2:30 am, we immediately packed all our belongings and left. We are currently in the market for a lawyer to sue them. That is some serious negligence! Lawyers contact me @ DeniciaRichardson@yahoo.com

Room Tip: Don't go here is you're wise!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Imroyalty34
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. My heart goes out to you and your family as you are going through this move. It cannot be easy to move with small children. I wish you well and am dismayed that your stay with us was not satisfactory. Inspections of all vacant guest rooms are conducted daily by our hotel’s general manager, and weekly by our Vice President of Operations to make sure situations like this do not occur.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Pros:
- Clean Room
- The one cockroach in the room isn't there anymore.

Cons
- Using coupons, they were out of the cheaper room type. Had to upgrade
- They tack on a service charge to the quoted price
- Non-smoking room reeked of smoke. Guess that's the way it is in Virginnia, the tobacco capital.
- No WIFI, Direct connect broadband didn't work. Called their 800 number in Michigan, but no help.
- No ice machine - make your own in the fridge (6 hrs). No pots or pans or utensils in "kitchen".

I think you can assume all rooms are smoking rooms in Virginnia.

Room Tip: - If it matters to you, verify yourself that the internet works. - Check the AC unit for loudness...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank traveller101101015
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Savannah Suite Norfolk. The list of pros and cons on your review is a great way to explain to future travelers the frustration that you experienced while staying at our Savannah Suites Norfolk. It is disheartening that your con list is so long, and the pros are not longer, however, this provides our staff with the opportunity to use your review to improve our service. Thank you for noticing the clean room, our Housekeeping Staff takes pride in their work every day, in an effort to provide clean and fresh accommodations to our guests. We invite you back to our hotel again the next time you are in Norfolk, Virginia to see first-hand how your review has helped to improved our hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2011

After dark I counted no less than two dozen roaches in my room(#207) . I could not sleep thinking that the roaches would crawl in my bed . There were roaches on the walls in the hallway on the second floor. I counted about 7 in the hallway several doors down. I took pictures and videos of the roaches in my room as well as the hallway to use as leverage to cancel and refund my reservation. After talking to the manager the next morning, she decided to refund my money. The health department should shut this place down. I would not stay here. Unlike the roach motel (paraphrasing) "You can check in, but you will quickly want to check out". Oh Yeah, my internet didn't work in the room. I had to use the model room in the lobby to book another hotel. One more thing I remember looking at the photos. The shower curtain had too much mold and mildew. Disgusiting!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Guest reviews assist us in improving our hotels and services for future travelers. Roaches are not tolerated at our hotels. Savannah Suites has a long term contract with a local exterminating company for dealing with pests and preventing infestations. We regret that your stay was not pleasant, but do invite you back the next time you are in Hampton Roads, Virginia to experience first-hand how your review has improved our service.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,020 helpful votes
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had to spend one night in Norfolk before I flew out and wanted a place for about 10 hours. By skimping on price I put myself in probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at that was rated 3-star by hotels.com

i would not stay here again and would request the city tear this roach motel down.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Typically reviews allow our hotels to improve our amenities and services for future travelers. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Specific complaints and suggestions are much more valuable and we welcome all guests to bring issues up to our Guest Service Representatives or our Management team.
Reviewed August 7, 2011

obviously this is a place where pimps,hoes, drug dealers and whatever riff raff you can imagine meet up and socialize..ALL night...babies crying doors slamming totally disgusting.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank wetravela
Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not completely satisfactory. We work diligently with the Norfolk Police Department to ensure that our hotel is a safe environment for our staff and guests.