“Tear this dump down”

Savannah Suites Norfolk
Savannah Suites Norfolk
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had to spend one night in Norfolk before I flew out and wanted a place for about 10 hours. By skimping on price I put myself in probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at that was rated 3-star by hotels.com

i would not stay here again and would request the city tear this roach motel down.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. Typically reviews allow our hotels to improve our amenities and services for future travelers. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Specific complaints and suggestions are much more valuable and we welcome all guests to bring issues up to our Guest Service Representatives or our Management team.

There are newer reviews for Savannah Suites Norfolk

Reviewed August 7, 2011

obviously this is a place where pimps,hoes, drug dealers and whatever riff raff you can imagine meet up and socialize..ALL night...babies crying doors slamming totally disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank wetravela

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not completely satisfactory. We work diligently with the Norfolk Police Department to ensure that our hotel is a safe environment for our staff and guests.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed at Savannah Suites Norfolk July 4th weekend after family made the reservations. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again!!! The front desk staff were pleasant and the location is wonderful but that is all the good there is about this place. The hotel is filthy, the rooms are filthy, the sheets are rough and thin and not clean, the cleaning staff were more concerned about talking on cell phones than cleaning!! My bathroom was dirty, sheets were not clean and the fridge smelled terribly!! There is no lobby, no pool and with condition of all the rooms i visited (4 total) none were comfortable enough to even sit in much less sleep in. Take my warning and KEEP AWAY!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SDG4U

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We are delighted that you were impressed with our Guest Service staff and our location. Since July, we have had the opportunity to “refresh” our housekeeping staff, as well as step up our inspections of our hotel and guest rooms, thanks in large part to your review. All available guest rooms are inspected daily by the hotel’s General Manager, and weekly by our Vice President of Operations. We invite you to try our hotel again the next time you are in Norfolk, Virginia to experience first-hand how your review has improved our hotel.

Reviewed April 14, 2011

Quality hotel, we stayed there 3 nights and had no real complaints. The fitness center was a plus, a little small, but provided me with everything I needed to get my daily fitness in. I was not expecting to be able to do laundry at the hotel, but the 24hr laundry room allowed me to wash my travel shirts for my appropriate flights. The high-speed Internet was good, a lot better than other hotels I have stayed in the area. Overall, great value for your money, everyone was friendly and willing to hell. I would return again and I do recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Virginia.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We checked in last night into room 112, the sheets were obviously dirty with pubic hair on them! We complained and were moved to room 115, and again the sheets were dirty with hair all over the pillowcases and a corn pad from someones foot inside the sheets, There was a roach in the bathroom. The place is NASTY and I could have stayed in a shelter and been in a cleaner place. I was afraid to go to sleep here!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1wvgirl
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I checked into this hotel on Thanksgiving Day. My husband had brought me to this hotel because it advertised extended stay specials and the ad said it had pots and pans(which it did NOT) and so many other amenities. My husband and I thought it would be a good place for me until I was able to find an apartment for while he was deployed.....BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first night was ok. The next day I started noticing a lot of things that should NOT be....the windows were screwed shut, there was black mold all over the place, there were hookers in and out and drug dealers in and out and people with guns.....I am quite certain the people with guns did not have a license to carry a gun because there was no holster and they were quite obviously dealing drugs!!!!!! I immediately called my husband and told him what was going on. Unfortunately I had to wait until pay day December 1st to get out of there. The day before pay day I wound up in the emergency room due to the black mold. While i was in this dumpster called a hotel I would have to shower 4-5 times a day and that did NOT help get me clean. The staff was EXTREMELY rude and the noise was to the point it was NOT tolerable.
I am now in the process of filing a complaint with the health department about this place and I am also filing a complaint with the corporate office.....oh and just so you know it is a serious inconvience to contact the corporate office by phone because all you get is an answering machine and they NEVER return calls.
My husband, myself and several friends are going to be speaking with JAG lawyers about having Savannah Suites Black Listed so that no other military family will have to endure what I had to endure.
Do yourself a favor and either go to the Candlewood Suites directly across the street or another hotel....DO NOT STAY AT SAVANNAH SUITES......SAVE YOUR HEALTH!!!
On pay day my husband and I got me a room at the Candlewood Suites and I have since started to feel better and been clean. The staff here is absolutely amazing and when I was introduced to people I was NOT introduced as a customer but as family. So please I say this again.....DO NOT STAY AT SAVANNAH SUITES

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank armywife78
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The room was really nice...If I had to say anything bad it would be the fridge was dirty. The front desk staff was very unprofessional. They had friends visiting them while they were working. My friend and I slept really good the room comes with everything you would ever need (stove, microwave, ect.). For the price it was worth it I just wish it had a pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends