Savannah Suites Norfolk
$148
$129
$125
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Quality hotel, we stayed there 3 nights and had no real complaints. The fitness center was a plus, a little small, but provided me with everything I needed to get my daily fitness in. I was not expecting to be able to do laundry at the hotel, but the 24hr laundry room allowed me to wash my travel shirts for my appropriate flights. The high-speed Internet was good, a lot better than other hotels I have stayed in the area. Overall, great value for your money, everyone was friendly and willing to hell. I would return again and I do recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
afarmerss, Public Relations Manager at Savannah Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for your review of our Savannah Suites Norfolk. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you travel to Virginia.

Reviewed December 13, 2010

We checked in last night into room 112, the sheets were obviously dirty with pubic hair on them! We complained and were moved to room 115, and again the sheets were dirty with hair all over the pillowcases and a corn pad from someones foot inside the sheets, There was a roach in the bathroom. The place is NASTY and I could have stayed in a shelter and been in a cleaner place. I was afraid to go to sleep here!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1wvgirl
Reviewed December 3, 2010

I checked into this hotel on Thanksgiving Day. My husband had brought me to this hotel because it advertised extended stay specials and the ad said it had pots and pans(which it did NOT) and so many other amenities. My husband and I thought it would be a good place for me until I was able to find an apartment for while he was deployed.....BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first night was ok. The next day I started noticing a lot of things that should NOT be....the windows were screwed shut, there was black mold all over the place, there were hookers in and out and drug dealers in and out and people with guns.....I am quite certain the people with guns did not have a license to carry a gun because there was no holster and they were quite obviously dealing drugs!!!!!! I immediately called my husband and told him what was going on. Unfortunately I had to wait until pay day December 1st to get out of there. The day before pay day I wound up in the emergency room due to the black mold. While i was in this dumpster called a hotel I would have to shower 4-5 times a day and that did NOT help get me clean. The staff was EXTREMELY rude and the noise was to the point it was NOT tolerable.
I am now in the process of filing a complaint with the health department about this place and I am also filing a complaint with the corporate office.....oh and just so you know it is a serious inconvience to contact the corporate office by phone because all you get is an answering machine and they NEVER return calls.
My husband, myself and several friends are going to be speaking with JAG lawyers about having Savannah Suites Black Listed so that no other military family will have to endure what I had to endure.
Do yourself a favor and either go to the Candlewood Suites directly across the street or another hotel....DO NOT STAY AT SAVANNAH SUITES......SAVE YOUR HEALTH!!!
On pay day my husband and I got me a room at the Candlewood Suites and I have since started to feel better and been clean. The staff here is absolutely amazing and when I was introduced to people I was NOT introduced as a customer but as family. So please I say this again.....DO NOT STAY AT SAVANNAH SUITES

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank armywife78
Reviewed September 13, 2010

The room was really nice...If I had to say anything bad it would be the fridge was dirty. The front desk staff was very unprofessional. They had friends visiting them while they were working. My friend and I slept really good the room comes with everything you would ever need (stove, microwave, ect.). For the price it was worth it I just wish it had a pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2010

Well first of all they overbooked the hotel. We were put at a sleazy Super 8 where we stay all of 20 minutes never brought anything in because it was horrible. The outside of SS looks okay but the inside is another story. The elevator takes forever,the smell is horrible. While personally I never saw a roach I had some other people tell me they had them. We had ants though. The towels were gross as well as the bathrooms. I felt like I was staying in an efficiency one bedroom apt. I was there for a week and I ended up staying at my moms room across the street. It was too much for me. I just didn't feel comfortable. This was a stay from hell. The towel rack fell off and hit me not once but twice. When told about the roaches the manager stated all hotels with kitchens have roaches....uhhhmmmm I don't think so. I only saw one person actually cleaning at nite. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE..just down right trifiling,gross, nasty, I could go on but why. I just feel like this hotel should be demolished because it reminded me of something like a shelter. Hell I would put the homeless up in this piece of crap....BEWARE and run the hell in the other direction unless u don't mind bugs and nastyness. Not at all impressed.

1  Thank trackmom24