“Anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sirena Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

Sirena Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Moyock, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

As my husband and I are foodies, this place was recommended by a friend for our anniversary. When we entered the building we did stand at the reception desk a few minutes before someone acknowledged we were there. Then we were seated it took a little longer for our waiter to approach the table. There was only 1 more table by the way that had guest dining. I asked the waiter for a recommendation on a red wine and he did not seem very knowledeable about the wines they served. By this point I was worried about what the night was going to hold for us. I was pleasantly surprised. Their house specials were read and I decided to order the anchovy salad to start and it was light and refreshing and the fresh anchovies just melted in your mouth. For the main entree I had the homemade fetticini pasta with angus beef and vegetable ragout. It was wonderful and so much I had to bring some home. The wait staff was very talkative and the owner came out with each course to make sure we were pleased. After 2 bottles of wine, wonderful food and a decadent expresso dessert, I would say our restaurant choice was just perfect.

• Visited June 2013

“Outstanding Italian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Just a great place, very authentic delicious Italian cuisine that stands out from the rest (not your typical red sauce joint), everything is fresh made there (their seafood medley is to die for!), great wine list, nice yet relaxed settings, parking in the back and very reasonable, can't go wrong! Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank 123ladolcevita
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
“Real Italian food comes to Norfolk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am originally from NY and of Italian heritage and have made several trips to Itlay and have usually been disappointed in most of the Italian cuisine in Hampton Roads for the past 27 years I have lived here. I feel lucky to have found Sirena Cucina. This is an dining experience to be savored. I was with a group of 6 celebrating my birthday. All but one of us were new to the restaurant. Everyone gave it high marks for food quality and the offerings on the menu itself. Each course took time, but you wanted it because this was not food you rush through. Most of us had pasta which was divine and the seafood was also excellent. They brought a creme brulee with a candle for my birthday which was a nice touch.
I will definitely return as I am anxious to try other items on the menu. This is real Italian cuisine!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank onionryder
virginia
“Fantastic Italian Cuisine in Norfolk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic - authentic. This is coming from very particular amateur food critic from Philly. If it were located in Philly, it might get only a 4, and that would still be very high praise. Lovely setting. Professional staff very familiar with the details of every entree, just slightly lacking in welcoming smiles.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank PhillyFoodieVA
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Seems to be slipping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have eaten here several times, and always enjoyed attentive service and tasty food. However, our last visit was disappointing, and it seemed as if the restaurant had changed management (from great to mediocre). Too bad, as I'm not sure we'll risk another try.

• Visited January 2013