“Nice Zoo”

and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #5 of 75 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stopped at this zoo after we left Virginia Beach and were on our way to Williamsburg. It was not too crowded, but that can be attributed to the fact that it was a hot day. All of the animals were pretty much resting out of the hot sun, but I got some of the most amazing photos of these animals.

This zoo is definitely much better than my zoo back home in Baltimore. I would not mind visiting again if I were in the area. If you are ever in the Baltimore/ DC area, don't visit the Baltimore Zoo but definitely check out the Smithsonian Zoological Park (Washington Zoo).

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I don't remember any extra-ordinary animals, but there's a small petting zoo, a small splash pad, and a butterfly garden.

1  Thank Sabrina S
Reviewed July 14, 2013

If you want to get off the beach, and not be at a mall this is a great stop for younger children to run around. The zoo has been updated over the years! and has many offerings

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We visited Virginia Zoo last week and it was such a fun day..... We watched the baby monkey play for probably 30 minutes that was the highlight of the day..... I like the fact that the animals in this zoo are close enough to see really good, makes it very enjoyable...... Ticket prices are very good, I think they were like $10.00 or $11.00 each which is a awesome price for a couple hours of fun... They have a couple places to get drinks, ice cream , snow cones and a place to eat... The drinks and ice cream is very reasonable priced... The only thing is they did not have lids and straws for the drinks which we don't understand.. When you have kids a lid on pop sure helps...... I think this zoo could update a couple things and it would be one of the best.....Mist fans would help during the heat, more activities throughout the zoo for kids, more place to sit, better area for the farm animals.....Overall we have visited this zoo a couple of times and will visit again.... Definitely worth the visit.....Gift shop is very nice and reasonably priced also....

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The new upgraded area was a really terrific surprise. We wanted to go and see the new section when our family visited. The old Zoo was ok but the new section is great and they even had a baby Monkey, Red Panda and Giraffe too. Plenty of construction going on and we are looking forward to many more new exhibits. The animals seem to be very well kept and the presence of new babies might be proof.