“not as good as other zoos”
Review of Virginia Zoo

and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #5 of 75 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed September 14, 2012

we walked the entire zoo in 3 hours...this included all exhibits, a train ride and lunch...
lunch was ok. it took 15 minutes for my son's corn dog to cook...annoying!
many exhibits were closed and under construction.
I felt soooo bad for the elephants. they were in a small enclosure and could barely turn around with the 2 of them in there. no one was even there working on the new exhibit...made me angry to see. farm area was closed. other animal exhibits had just 1-2 animals and you could never find them in the exhibit. we did see and LOVE one red panda.
this zoo doesn't compare with brookfield and san diego zoos...but we did like all of the gardens throughout the zoo.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I went on Sunday. I saw only a few animals. Most of the animals were either sleeping in the shade or not in their enclosures. The Barnyard and the elephants enclosure were closed for renovations. Very disappionted. On days like that, I think the zoo should charge half price admission.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The zoo has very few animals, only a fourth or fifth were even out and visible and half the exhibits were closed or under construction. A total disappointment!!

3  Thank Jtafmedik
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It took less than an hour to walk around this zoo that was missing a good bit of the exhibits. For ten dollars a head I could have gone to the movies for 2 hours and had a lot more fun. They should have discounted the tickets and told us upfront. We feel deceived !

3  Thank mintmotors
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am not a zoo person and did not expect this to be much of one, I was nicely surprised. It was a great day outing and the kids and adults both enjoyed it. Petting zoo is pretty good.