“Small but Nice”

and up
Norfolk Passport to Fun
Ranked #5 of 75 things to do in Norfolk
Reviewed January 11, 2012

A very small zoo but will fill up three hours of your time and give you some exercise.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Considering that this isn't a very big zoo, they have a huge variety of animals! The lion exhibit, and the new Asian exhibit with Tigers, are both especially well done. The animals seem to be happy and well taken care of. Overall, it exceeded my expectations. I was quite impressed!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Although I have been thinking about a visit to the zoo, I kept putting it off . When some friends decided to go , I tagged along . What a great experience . I would recommend it to everyone young and old . There are so many people who live right in Tidewater that have never been . You don't know what you are missing . Hats off to the wonderful crew at the zoo, they were fantastic

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I go to Zoos/Aquariums/Science Centers whenever we travel. In fact, we both used to work at an Aquarium. Because of this combination of factors, we're pretty hard to impress...

The Virginia Zoo was a blast, though!

We went on a winter weekday, so we had the entire zoo virtually to ourselves.

The exhibits were well-maintained, and the entire park was incredibly clean. The Zoo Farm and Trail of the Tiger sections were my favorite! The botanical areas and butterfly garden were not in-season, but I imagine that those would be quite impressive as well.

If we find ourselves in Norfolk again, we're definitely coming back! Check it out!

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Beautiful exhibits, lots of great animals, a sweet train ride through the park, and lots of cool animals.