“Loved the food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surf Rider - CLOSED

Surf Rider
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
washington, dc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My family and I had dinner at the Surf Rider and the food and service were amazing. The crab cakes were all lump meat and prepared perfectly. The broiled seafood platter was good as well. We had nothing bad to say about this restaurant and will go there again on our return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Virginia
“Yeah, it's a no.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I just moved to the area and I really wanted to like this place as we are on the look out for a favorite new local restaurant. Surf Rider was recommended to us as it was close by, so after an exhausting day of moving and unpacking boxes we decided to try it. We didn't realize how late it was and got there about ten minutes before closing. Our waitress said this was not a problem but she had to get the orders in quick. Upon being seated I asked if we could be moved a little further away from a table of about 8 who were quite noisy. I shouldn't have made the remark ' somewhere a little less noisy' as clearly someone then thought it hilarious to turn the music up to the point where it was difficult to hear each other talk. It wasn't even music, it was the radio so we had to endure never ending advertisements. The girl behind the bar, who could have benefited from a grooming class, sat and had a fag break flashing an insincere grin and shortly after, she and the waitress moved the cast iron tables making even more noise than the blaring radio, if that was possible. Finally at the end of our meal they turned the volume down, I'm sure they thought they were highly original and funny. Myself, my husband and my in-laws did not. The 'award winning crab cakes' were meh. Food was ok but expensive for what it was. My Greek salad was mostly lettuce and very little else. Our waitress was pleasant enough and that is the only good thing I can say about this experience. The owner of this place needs to check out the behavior of some of his employees. Very poor indeed. It has cost them our business because we won't be back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jellybean38
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Good food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very comfortable restaurant, greeted with a smile. The food is all freshly prepared and the wait staff were all very friendly. Good place for a family dinner, dinner with friends, or date night.

Norfolk, Virginia
“Poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

6/6/13, Had a hankering for a fish lunch. I had such poor service we walked out. Was seated by hostess and told the waitress would be right with us. We watched as our waitress chatted with other customers for about 20 minutes, without even a drink in front of us. After about 15 minutes a gentleman sat at the booth next to us and this waitress came right to him and asked for his drink order. On her way to get his drink order she stopped by our booth for our drink order, two coffees please. She cam back right away with the other guys Iced tee and then asked for his order. He was very hesitant as he had just sat down and did not have the time we had to go over the menu. She lift again and did not return right away. We waited for her a bit longer and then got up to leave. Went down the block to Capt Goovies and loved the service and the food.

2 Thank stephenfriedman62
Ashburn, Virginia
“Very Unhappy with food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The waitress didn't bring my husband the right food .Clams on half shell looked dry like they were sitting out for a while. Corn on the cob was mushy (frozen) Yuck. My broiled seafood dinner was not cooked enough.I will never go there again

• Visited May 2013