“Excellent Steamers”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Super Steamer Combo is one of the nicest. No sides, just seafood. Fresh and sweet. Maybe I'm getting older and more critical but the place is dirty. The backs of the bench seats have grime you could scrape off with a knife. The ceiling tiles are grungy and drooping. The foot kicks of the bench seats have "original", "plank owner" dirt on them. I was surprised at how bad it looks. It is a seafood bar and some "atmosphere" is expected, and I don't look for issues. But this was a stand out. Very cordial and pleasant wait staff. Plenty of attention was paid to us during the meal. .

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Other locations are closer to my home but this one has the nicest atmosphere. Service is outstanding and you receive a very good meal for the price. The broiled seafood platter is as good as that served in any area restaurant and the shrimp are good-sized. We always enjoy going here and we are already looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Been to Surf Rider at Lynhaven Marina and on Laskin (now torn down) but have never stopped by the Shore drive local before....didn't dissapoint!

Heading down to Va Beach for a few weeks and decided to give it a go as it was late afternoon on a Friday ....good drink and good food and just what the doctor ordered.

I had the Hatteras Clam Chowder....which while not great, it was good. It was accompanied by the fried chicken wrap - which was excellent.

My daughter had the sweet and sour shrimp - and it was by far the best item on the table...approx. 12 fried shrimp (fried perfectly) dredged through some sweet and sour sauce was out of this world....will get that for an entree next time I visit....!

Burgers are always a hit and the onion rings were perfectly crips.....definitely on my stop spot when heading out or heading into the beach on shore drive!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The surf rider has the best sea food in the area. Friendly and fast service. Food quality Great. A great place to eat.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

After a long wait on a busy Saturday night our party of nine was seated. Excellent food and service carried the night for us.