“Owner-Greg”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 19, 2012

If the owner would actually take into consideration the reviews, and maybe re-do the building/atmosphere and the kitchen, maybe make it look a little nicer inside instead of so dingy. If maybe he would try to add new recipes or update old recipes, and do more then just sit around at the booths, this might be a decent place. It seems like, the recipe they have is what stays and he doesnt care how it is made, as long as it is made. He has no dedication in trying to better anything here, and he has loyal employees that have been with the restaurant since his dad owned it, and they get no credit for all the hardwork and hours they spend in there. I wouldnt be suprised if they were all still making minimum wage. If he showed more enthusiasm in this restaurant it would make me and my family want to eat here more. He just seems very self motivated as opposed to doing whats best for his employees and his business as a whole. Its kind of sad.

1  Thank james h

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I remember Reginos when George owned it at Wards Corner, and now Gregg and his family haven't missed a beat. The best italian food ever!!, you get portions that remind me of home. and it is all fresh. I take all of my medical clients there and reccommend it to all of my friends. Just make sure you are good and hungry when you go or else you will have plenty of left overs. The staff are friendly and make you feel like family.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

I drive by this place everyday, and just stopped in last night for the first time. It's nothing fancy, and I prefer that over "fine dining." The food was spectacular. We had the Chicken Souvlaki and the Eggplant Parmesan. The chicken dish came with three filets and an entire plate full of pasta (I got angel hair, but you can choose from many types), and the eggplant came with just as much food. Both entree's were delicious. The eggplant was especially good since you could actually taste the eggplant. Its flavor wasn't overpowered by sauce and cheese. The prices were entirely fair. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank Kevin Z
Reviewed September 4, 2010

I have been eating at Regino's restaurant since it was at Wards Corner. Although I live in Washington DC, I travel to Norfolk, Virginia about every 5 weeks, Regino's is generally the first place I head to for a meal. "Family restaurant" is one of the monikers generally splashed around the description of franchised restaurants that feature brightly colored
menus that if chewed on that would rival or exceed the cumulative taste of food. Regino's is a small restaurant with a family feel. The food is plentiful, good and consistent . This is a restaurant run by a family. As long as there are patrons that remember the remember the Wards Corner restaurant, there will be those who side with the George, the founder's, food and his son, Greg, who with his family currently operates the Regino's on East Little Creek. I like Greg's food better. I prefer the pasta dishes better than the Pizza because I don't really care for Pizza that I have not made myself. When I lived in Norfolk in the 1960's and 1970's, Pizza and Regino's and Pizza were practically synonymous. Regino's is still known for it's Pizza. Wherever I travel Pizza seems to generate feuds as to who and where the best Pizza is made. To me Pizza is bread topped with something that doesn't make it a pancake. I like Regino's because it is small and friendly. With only one cook and a full house of patrons service can lag. When I arrive and the restaurant is full { these places do need to make a profit}, I generally try to order food that the kitchen can handle in the time that I have to eat. The food is not the convayer belt oven pizza provided by larger firm, it individually cooked.

1  Thank VIolaplayer
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This place is only a shadow of the original owner, George. His son and the son's family currently are in control of this former great place. The sauce is watery and skimpy on the overpriced pizzas, and don't be in a hurry to get it either. There is only one pizza maker there at a time and if you see a large young bald guy making them, run. Run to Pizza Hut. You'll get it ten times faster there. Very slow kitchen, even when the restaurant is NOT busy. One cook, while the owner sits and converses with customers and does nothing to get the kitchen staff moving. The wait staff is friendly and pleasant, their job is made difficult by having to constantly reassure customers that their order is coming. Food is ok to good, service is very good but again, kitchen needs help now. I have walked out waiting for a pizza at lunch time when there was nearly no other patrons in the place. I will go again in hopes that this place gets up to speed, but I remain cautious!