“Love Golden Corral but this one is HORRIBLE!”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #157 of 704 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Allentown PA
“Love Golden Corral but this one is HORRIBLE!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First I couldn't find clean silverware, then I noticed not one table was really cleaned! we were told to seat ourself but it was almost impossible to find a clean table.

Then the food: cold, dried out, things not refreshed, many spots empty of food, daughter (with laryngitis) could not get help when the tacos were empty. Food I would call poor quality.
Service was POOR too! Plates piled up--needed more help. Even the wall beside our table was filthy. My granddaughter even noticed the dirt on the floor, walls, table and the food (her fav.Mac&cheese) being almost empty and dried out.

We felt uncomfortable and glad to leave. We still like Golden Corral but would NEVER go back to this location and would tell others to avoid!

• Visited April 2013

Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Poor”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food was bland, the atmosphere was in the dumps, tables not clean, silverware filthy even after I went and found where they keep all the silverware.. Great to take a whole lot of kids for cheap and they can eat till the pop, the best thing is the chocolate wonderfall and cotton candy that u have to wait in line for.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Veronica V
“Brunch”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Buffet style, lots of good food and variety. Was there for breakfast and ended up eating brunch. This is a keeper. -- that food for about 12 dollars per person. WOW!!!

Vero Beach, Florida
“You get what you pay for... Not much.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

They offered a huge buffet with a wide variety of food to eat. Everything I tried was "fair." if I was starving, I would go back but it is certainly no place to take a date.

Be forewarned The place was dirty. Food ground into an old carpet, food under the serving counters and twice I noticed male employees exiting the bathrooms without washing their hands. The flushing urinals made a huge racket so one could not help but notice when they were flushed. I was hopeful that they were auto flush with a delay but a visit to the restroom confirmed my fears. One of the offending employees exited the bathroom door as the flush noise was eminatung from the restroom, then went and grabbed an ice scoop out of the nearby ice machine and served himself a cold drink. Yuck!

The health department must be poorly funded in Norfolk...

PA
“Very good!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Best fried chicken! We do not have Golden Corral Buffets in our area, so this was my first experience. They have a great variety of food and it was very tasty for a buffet.

Visited June 2012