“Knock-out food served by an pleasant staff”
Review of Voila

Voila
Ranked #18 of 711 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: French, Greek, International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tucked into a corner of Botetourt and & York Street, Voila, with it's soft lighting and eclectic decor, is a local gem. The restaurant sits tucked away in one of the city's oldest historic neighborhoods, complete with cobblestone streets and some of the few surviving antebellum houses on the side of the Elizabeth River. With a full bar and known for its three-course prix-fixe, Voila's menu features fresh ingredients & home-grown herbs. Voila boasts an impressive selection of international, French, & Greek dishes, incorporated together by the owners, Hampton Roads restaurateurs John & Maggie Tsouris. As well as Hand crafted cocktails concocted with vintage liqueurs and spirits, fresh squeezed juices and homegrown herbs. Voila is a local's favorite and must try authentic cuisine.
Norfolk
“Knock-out food served by an pleasant staff”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

For our anniversary we followed the recommendation of a relative and ate dinner at Voila. The service and the food at this French restaurant went well beyond what we expected. They offer French cuisine in a setting of modern furnishings and Moroccan-influenced art. We began with a French vodka gimlet and a glass of Cabernet. To whet our appetites the waiter presented an amuse bouche of cheese, caramelized onions with a balsamic reduction on crostini. We followed with an appetizer of oysters on grilled rustic bread with sun-dried tomato cream sauce and bacon. Your mom ordered sole meurnière over risotto with roasted Brussel sprouts; I could not pass up the paella, which included chicken, calamari, fresh catch, as well as shrimp, clams, and mussels. The waiter knew the menu as well as the history of the of the delicate wire light fixtures and the art work on the walls. The food was excellent as was the service. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Visited November 2011

Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Food, great place to have a drink.”
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The food is always good. It is quiet and a great place to have a late night drink.

Elizabeth City, NC
“Charming intimate French restaurant -- loved it!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary by having dinner at Voila, which was highly recommended to us by close friends. It was such a good choice! We had superb service thoughout the meal. Wonderful food, beautifully presented. The atmosphere is romantic and perfect for a quiet, relaxed dinner. We will definitely recommend this restaurant and would love to return!

Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My wife and I always enjoy Voila as one of our favorite local restaurants. Off the beaten path from the other downtown...”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

My wife and I always enjoy Voila as one of our favorite local restaurants. Off the beaten path from the other downtown restaurants. The owner is usually there with great hospitality. Great food and atmosphere. The owner also owns the Carriage House around the corner. I recommend both places.

Zushi, Japan
“Small French Gem”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

My husband and I have dined here on several occasions, and never have we been dissatisfied with our meal or service. In fact, it is quite the opposite. I walk into Voila with confidence, knowing that I could close my eyes, point to something on the menu, and be delighted with whatever I was served. My husband usually enjoys the veal. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone with a taste for creative cuisine.