“Fabulous view!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Joe's Crab Shack - CLOSED

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“Fabulous view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Ok, let me start this by saying I am super picky about my fish. Very particular. So I was not in love with my meal... But my family did like it. You could not ask for a better waterfront view.it is perfect. The flies don't come until your food does. Drinks are good, loved the fried pickles. View is amazing. Went on a tuesdayand got live music, which was great! Fantastic atmosphere.

Visited July 2013

“I love eating by the water, so cozy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a lot of fun at Joe's! The staff have a fun filled moment when they select a song & dance with the guests, hilarious!! Our food was well prepared & tasty!! Even though there was no need, the manager stopped by to welcome us, see if there was anything she could do & thank us for coming. I like that!! The entire staff was very helpful. (Sorry I'm bad about getting names)

• Visited June 2013
Chesapeake
“Pretty Appetizing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

The location was great, right next to the festival areas in the Waterside building. Great outside area right ON THE WATER but the inside has areas with a VIEW too thanks to the large windows. The service was a bit weird I think every server in the building visited our table one took order another brought food one checked on us and a fourth brought the check. Not bad service just weird. The food is EXPENSIVE FOR A CHAIN but it was okay, enough options to hold your interest and tasty enough that I would go back again. If you are a New Englander you will scoff at attempted clam bake still entrees. You could do worse. The best part was the LINE DANCING waitresses and waiters that could bust out in a dance at a moment’s notice.

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Joe's Crab Shack Gives You a Great View & Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We loved the location of Joe's Crab Shack on the waterfront with a picturesque view toward Portsmouth. We had the platter with a crab cake, grilled mahi-mahi and shrimp. The food was tasty and the service was good. I found the pictures of the meals on the menu look a lot bigger than what you get but it was enough and we enjoyed the dining experience.

Visited May 2013
“Waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for some local blue crabs while staying at the Sheraton Waterfront. Next door is this chain Joe's. Yes, a chain, but right on the water. No local seafood, but a very reasonable pot of crawfish, shrimp, corn on the cob, and new potato that feeds two well.
Nice atmosphere. The servers were very friendly, too. Highly recommended vs Outback or Hooters, the two other chains in the bldg.
Still looking for those blue crabs!

• Visited May 2013