“Bad.”

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #279 of 718 Restaurants in Norfolk
“Bad.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My friend and I are waitresses at a place similar to this so we were excited to try it. The environment was friendly, but the employees didn't act as such. Our waiter was rude, and our food felt frozen cold when it came to me. When I tried to eat my burger the bun was so soggy it fell apart. Also the cheese fries didn't even have melted cheese on them. I will never go there again. It was an awful experience.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Waitresshwy

“Skimpy shake, warm”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here, while shopping at MacArthur Mall. The shakes were much smaller than in the past. Very little in the metal container, glass not full. Hamburger and onion rings sat on the counter, brought out warm. Boo!

1 Thank Hiistory-Buff
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“dirty employees......”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

we went at lunch at the waiter acted like he was in no hurry for us. he was slow, but whats worse he looked dirty. at jhonny rockets, they wear all white, and this guy must have never washed his uniform. his hat alone was filthy, and if i would have noticed earlier, i would have left. this was some of the worst service ever, the waiter was completely unprofessional. we didn't leave a tip at all, after we let the guy know we were in a hurry, and he clearly didn't care. we had to ask for things repeatedly. also, they must not have enough people on the schedule, as two servers at lunch time in a busy down town setting probably isn't enough. never going back here.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank armenwhat
Chesapeake, Virginia
“In the mood for a burger and shake?”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This retro restaurant has good burgers and such, and the wait staff is usually fun to encounter. Good place to eat when going to a movie or an entertainment event, but make sure you let the waiter know you are on a schedule.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank andycblack
Port Orange, Florida
“great burgers....”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten at Johnny rocket's before but only on a Royal carribean cruiseship... so that's where i draw my only experiences from, for this restaurant, The burgers are made fresh and are piping hot and the fries are pretty good, My wife and I had a plate of fried pickles for an appetizer, the were fried perfectly and were really good...The service was not as good as on the cruiseship, but what do you expect it is not a cuiseship. The waitress was kind and courteous and she promptly took our order, there was a little backup between the appetizer and the main course, but it was extremely busy at the time we went, so i will not hold that against them.. all in all a very good exprience....HAPPY TRAVELS!!!!!

• Visited May 2013