“Tasty Thai plus a few craft beers!”
Review of Bangkok Garden

Bangkok Garden
Ranked #246 of 704 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
virginia
“Tasty Thai plus a few craft beers!”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Finally a Thai restaurant with some good beers! They have the Love Hefeweiss, Loose Cannon, and Golden Monkey tripel. Attractive decor, quiet, and a nice banquet-type room. Shrimp with basil, green curry,and pad Thai all tasty, but ask for the relish tray with pepper and fish sauces to tailor your flavor.

1 Thank gr8ful47

Va. Beach VA
“Great Thai”
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Pad Thai is excellent. Also in the Thalia (near Town Center) and Ghent in Norfolk
I will go back

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Bangkok Experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I loved the theme and decorations of this restaurant. I felt like I was in Bangkok eating my spicy cuisine. The staff was cordial and very accomodating.

Roanoke, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not as expected”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I expected really good and authentic food after reading reviews here on tripadvisor. However, i was disappointed. The food wasn't as what we expected. We reached their 1/2 hour before they were about to close. Before asking us to sit, they asked if we would finish our dinner within their closing time. I never experienced anyone who works at a restaurant asking their customer that. But we wanted to have thai so we sat there, after our dinner was served they were litterally standing in front of us to finish dinnner. I would have probaly gone back if the food was great. But combining not so much of good food and not great customer service, I wouldn't go back. I wouldn't recommend it either if you are looking for authentic thai place.

Norfolk, Virginia
“A Taste of Thailand”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

For the best Thai food this side of the Chao Phraya River, visit the Bangkok Garden Restaurant in Norfolk. The food is good and the decor is great, typically Thai with lovely wood paneling and Thai art all around. The service is friendly. Best of all, it is quiet. The semiprivate dining area is perfect for small groups. I enjoyed the pad thai and the chicken satay. The steamed rolls were also nice (just right for sharing). Treat yourself with a nice meal when you have a chance.