“Awesome service!”

219 An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
219 An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 722 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brooke Ave
Description: 219 an American Bistro continues downtown Norfolk's tradition of chef inspired and locally owned restaurants. With its location central to the vibrant downtown district, 219 an American Bistro is the place to see and be seen. The cuisine is American with an Asian twist and the ambiance upscale but never pretentious.
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My tuna was overcooked and the tables are too close together. Those are the only negatives I could say. My server, Mark, was outstanding! His service made up for any short comings. Will return when Mark is working.

There are newer reviews for 219 An American Bistro

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Tried the newly reopened/renamed 219 American Bistro last night. For a Saturday night, there was a good crowd with a good atmosphere. We were able to get seated without reservations, but only because we got there right before 7pm when things picked right up. Really nice wine list, we had a great Pinot Noir and the menu--wow! I appreciate a nice balance of variety on a menu and 219 offers that. We had a seasonal dish, Rock Fish and it was outstanding. I highly recommend you check our their website/menu online. My only complaint (and it isn't anything that would keep me from going back) is that we were "checked on" way too many times and by way to many members of the staff. I wish we hadn't let them know it was our first time there. They are an amazing high end establishment and didn't need to try so hard in my opionion. It was almost as if they were too nervous to just let us enjoy the evening without constantly intervening. They were very sweet and certainly had the best intentions so I can't be to harsh. And trust me, the service itself and the meal was so good it makes this a minor infraction that I am willing to overlook and will certainly go back.

Reviewed May 4, 2010

I went to lunch Weds. after noon April 28, 2010 to check out the new 219. I have to say thank God for the reopening of a new resturant in down town Norfolk. Its great to see you open. The place is great and clean, as i was there for lunch i had bowel of spring vegerable soup and finished with the Hanger Steak which was cook to perfection. Sean was the best server i have ever had being a server myself. Welcome back with the right team with Sean you are going to do well.

Ask for Sean he is GREAT.

Reviewed February 17, 2009

went for brunch during "hours of operation" and there wasn't any sign of life. We were about to leave and someone came to open the door, then they turned the lights on once we were seated for 10 minutes. It had a strange smell, like the restaurant had too many party-people the night before! Anyways, not sure they should offer brunch, it wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar. Just an average meal I could have made at home.

Reviewed December 21, 2008

This is a restaurant my wife and I ate at many times over the past 10 years and had many excellent meals. However, our latest experience was terrible. The server was pleasant but the kitchen is really messed up. On a Sunday evening with a very light house, it took 45 minutes to get out salads, the shrimp appetizer took 10 minutes more. Then our pizza arrived burned and had to be re-done, taking another 20 minutes. Although we were offered a gift certificate for a free pizza, we will not be returning. Too many things have slipped from the old days.