““Great Atmosphere"”

219 An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
219 An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brooke Ave
Description: 219 an American Bistro continues downtown Norfolk's tradition of chef inspired and locally owned restaurants. With its location central to the vibrant downtown district, 219 an American Bistro is the place to see and be seen. The cuisine is American with an Asian twist and the ambiance upscale but never pretentious.
Virginia Beach
““Great Atmosphere"”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

First time here and the service was great. We were seated quickly and attended to from the moment we sat down to when we left , makes you come back for another visit. The food was excellent ! Blue cheese oysters ? Who does that...awesome !! The seared salmon was cooked very well and seasoned just right . I see a return trip in the near future ....

“Best fish tacos in town!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I took advantage of a beautiful early spring day and dined al fresco. The server was attentive and efficient. The food was amazing...I have had several fish tacos in my lifetime from California to Mexico and let me say that the fish tacos at the 219 are by far the BEST I have ever had...please check this place out!

• Visited March 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“great Brunch”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had the most amazing brunch last week at 219. My omelet was cooked perfectly and my bloody Mary was great a perfectly spicy. My wife had Waffles with Chicken which was new to us and very creative. Overall it was just a very relaxing and pleasant experience. Really good service and nice atmosphere. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank james s
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“SUPERB!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I and a friend had the prime rib dinner at 219 and the meat was so tender and delicious. OMG, it was the BEST PRIME RIB I have ever had.

The waiter was attentive to our needs and announced what specials that were available. During our meal, the Chef came out and visited every table. I told him that the prime rib is superb!

For desert, I had the red velvet cake with molted chocolate. Now, that is the way to get to a woman's heart--chocolate!

I recommend the prime rib dinner; one will not go wrong.

Kudos to 219, for a delightful dining experience and delicious food.

• Visited February 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Very nice place to enjoy dinner!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very nice and casual atmosphere to enjoy a great dinner downtown! The menu is very simple and only two pages, but it offers a a lot of choices. We had great service and we were in and out in an hour including dessert. I would highly recommend the 219 for an evening with your wife or girlfriend downtown!

• Visited March 2014