“Super yummy!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My first visit was great. So good. I was very impressed. I am going there for lunch today. I highly recommend La Bella. Nice staff too. Good service.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I have enjoyed La Bella in VA Beach and thought we would try the Ghent location. We arrived about 8:00 PM and were seated right away (about 1/3 of the tables were full) but it was over 5 minutes before anyone came to our table. It was wine night which gets you a limited choice of $10 bottles - that was a good thing but don't expect any 90 point wines. This was our first visit so we wanted to spend a little time perusing the menu. We tried to order an appetizer, but we were told the kitchen requires our entire order at once, and they wouldn't put that in until we decided on an entree...Really? Why should it make any difference to the kitchen? We would have left at that point but it was already late so we stayed and ordered. The $9.95 appetizer was a slice of eggplant rolled around a cheese filling and was nothing to write home about, the waiter also brought a little basket of bread which happened to be burnt black on top and bottom, I mean charcoal black and he seemed to be unconcerned about it. I asked for different bread - came out the same way. Our entrees arrived and I had ordered a prosciutto stuffed chicken breast with a mushroom sauce - if there was ever any stuffing in the chicken it was no where to be seen when it arrived at our table, I mean NONE and the mushrooms were obviously canned. My wife had the veal Marsala and said it was what she would expect from a carryout pizza joint not from a place that claims to be a restaurant. One other issue for both of us was the entrees came with pasta but the waiter said there was no choice of pasta - it was spaghetti. Either we were just very unlucky on our visit or the other patrons have the Emperor's New Clothes syndrome. A few other things about our visit - we had to send a bread plate and two wine glasses back because they had food or something on them. The curtain rod that hides the hall to the restrooms fell when a customer walked past it, our table was right next to it. After $70 before tip we came to the conclusion we would have to share our experience with our friends and other potential diners to prevent them from making the same mistake when choosing where to dine.

1  Thank Dave O
Reviewed August 8, 2013

LaBella in Ghent is the place I go to for a special occasion. It is the perfect place for a vegetarian/vegan. My daughter goes just for the homemade Ceasar salad. She could eat 10 of them!! The Gardien chicken Marsala is to do for. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. They are expensive, but so worth the price. The atmosphere is great and the wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I give this restaurant the highest of ratings.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Outstanding experience. Fantastic meal, attentive staff. Been that way for years. Now they have expanded and what used to be a cramped eating experience is now spacious and relaxing. Five plus...best place in Hampton roads area.

1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I picked up 2 large margherita pizzas and they were absolutely delicious! The mozzarella was of great quality and the chopped basil, marinara, and thin crust completed the taste sensation. Everyone in my family loved it and said it was the best pizza they had tasted in Hampton Roads - and we've been here 13 years.

1  Thank Ontheroadagain7777