“Never, Ever Disappointed”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Lively, great service and food, reasonably priced. I always have a hard time deciding what to have, 'cause everything is great.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

...As I'd heard a lot of positive buzz about this place, I was looking forward to using my Pilot online voucher. I liked the atmosphere, although it was almost too dim to read the menu. I was able to "borrow" a pair of reading glasses, which made it much better. Our pregnant wait person was an absolute delight, very accomodating. We started with the eggplant appetizer which was delectable--the sauce was good, which is saying alot from me, as I don't like tomato sauces of any kind. I had a veal dish; my husband chicken. You could tell he liked mine better than his, and commented on that fact. Although my dish was good with a pasta substitution, the best part about the meal was the bread, which boasted a perfect crust, fresh out of the oven. My husband ordered a cappuchino after the meal, which he complained was absolutely horrible--weak, no coffee taste. We had it taken off of the bill. But the one thing which really destroyed the experience for me was the little mouse I almost stepped on, which was running around on the patio. Neddless to say, we won't return...guess I must try the top rated Italian in Norfolk to eradicate that experience. I was truly surprised, and a bit upset...we were celebrating my husband's birthday a couple of days early--good thing it wasn't REALLY the day, but the day before!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I went there yesterday for lunch with a friend and my kids. I had a sandwich (which was huge) on this wonderful soft fresh bread with procuitto, artichokes, roasted red peppers, and fresh mozzerella. It was soooo good. We sat outside on their patio which was great for the kids to be noisy. I got some tiramisu to go, which was good, but a bit small for the $5 asking price (in my opinion). I can't wait to go back and try the pasta. The service was fantastic. We will return.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very good meal!

The pasta was some of the best I've had in a while. The tomato sauce was simple and perfect - just like authentic Italian food. Service was friendly.

I gave it a 'very good' because while the pasta was excellent, it was definitely not 'fine dining'. The restaurant atmosphere is a bit strange - it feels more like a deli/bakery at the entrance than a restaurant. The service was very friendly, but quirky and more familiar than I'd prefer at a restaurant. The wine selection is rather mediocre and doesn't include many Italian wines (a big negative for me).

Still - I'd go back. Did I say the pasta sauce (I had the gnocchi) was phenomenal?

Reviewed May 29, 2012

My family (children 5 & 8 yrs old) has been going to La Bella for years now. They used to do a fantastic Brunch but consistently serve a real lunch and dinner. They also have a small deli and market items for sale. Recently they added al fresca dining as well. The food is consisently good and the prices are good as well for the quantity and quality of the food. Service is usually good, now and again you can tell there's a new person, but that settles out pretty fast.

1  Thank dewsaw