“As always, great Mongolian Bar-b-q” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #159 of 695 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Asian, Mongolian, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“As always, great Mongolian Bar-b-q”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited on Fathers Day with the wife's Parents, four of us total. Once again, this place did not disappoint any of us! Great service, fantastic food and a great selection. I highly recommend the Hot & Sour soup, very tasty and not really too spicy hot. I always add the hot chili oil on the table to it. Again, for best flavor, add one scoop of all the sauces to your bowl. I agree with the reviewer who mentioned that it's a round grill and the cooks walk in circles stirring your selection; it's fun to watch. We enjoy this place very much and will continue to take others here who have never tried it. I'm giving a second review in less than a year because this place deserves one for sure. The wife has had Mongolian at a place in Ga., She says this is the best. I too say, " if you don't enjoy the food, it's your fault"!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A long Standing Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is one of the Original Ethnic resturants in Norfolk and has stood the test of time.

As I like to say to many people, if you don't like the food here, its your fault. Having eaten mongolian all across this great land this place stands out. I have seen few other places that give you the basic ingredients of the sauce and let you mix to your pleasure. Most places want to force you into a style.

this is also the ONLY place I have seen were the cooks are not lazy and actually move the food around the stone, not stand in one place with spatulas flipping it. this leads to a much more even cooking and distribution of flavor. It is also very pleasing to watch.

The resturaunt is family owned and run by actual mongolians. Stop and talk to them and check out the pictures on the walls. The only thing that could make this place more authentic would be pictures of them actually attacking the great wall of China. you will have to settle for snickering at the fact that the Great Wall Chinesse resturaunt next door went out of bussiness a long time ago and sits empty while the mongolian place is doing fine. I believe there is a cultural lesson somewhere in that.

Always open on Christmas day so lunch here has become a family tradition.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Michael T
Bagram
“Great Fresh Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is a must visit restaurant. I can't go to Virginia without a trip to Genghis Khan Mongolian. I'm not a picky eater but this place works for almost everyone. You make all the choices and it is cooked fresh in front of you. Great place for families with children!

Visited December 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Never been disapointed for the Mongolian BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Visited on Friday the 5th for dinner; we say it's a meal that can't be beat! The wife and I have been visiting here for over 22 years and have never been disapointed. The decor is average but the food is great! Our service this night was excellent this time too. We like the fact that the meal comes with soup; hot flat bread, and there is salad and deserts available too. What we enjoy most is that you pick only the vegetables and meat that you want. There is a great selection of vegetables that should please every one. The meat selection includes beef, pork, chicken (white and dark), lamb and immitation crab (Sea Legs). We like that the rice served is the "sticky" type and that it comes separate and does not have to be cooked with the selected bowl items. A sign says use one of each of the sauces for best flavor and we recommend this very much. At lunch it's one trip unless you want to pay more. It's "all you can eat" at dinner and for the price it can't be beat. We will continue to visit here and long as it's open. It's much more personal than any buffet.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank shellback98
Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

It's where the elite meet to eat!

I have to use a 50 character minimum so I'll say it again.

It's where the elite meet to eat!

• Visited June 2012