“best food in Norfolk”

Ranked #37 of 730 Restaurants in Norfolk
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

If your looking for a 5 star restaurant this is not the place but if you want good food and a place with great people go here!! The food was amazing and the owner was a friendly down to earth guy who knows his way around downtown Norfolk. Try anything here with seafood and you won't be disappointed.(Btw, I know my seafood because I'm from Maryland) I wish I lived near this place because I would be there regularly. I would advise you to get there early because it does ir crowded around 10. Music is loud so this isn't the place for a quiet date.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had a nice time here on several days in late June 2013. The music was not too loud. There was live music on several evenings. The genre is basically heavy metal, but not over-the-top thrash metal. The bartenders and waitstaff were very friendly and the food was good (we went with snacks for a light lunch). They poured their mixed drinks well and had a nice (not overwhelming) selection of beers on tap, with a mix from PBR to some local microbrews. The decor is a lively modern with fun paintings and a TV showing photos of patrons from recent events.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is an odd little place. No big neon signs outside - just a printed greeting on a green door. Inside had a somewhat Goth feel to it. Both times we went the wait staff was excellent. The food was extremely good and they had a small but varied menu to choose from. Prices were excellent as well. It's dinner and a show almost in the feel of the place. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Came in for lunch and was surprised. Surprised by how yummy it was and also by the unique atmosphere. Servers and cooks all look like rockers and the restaurant definitely is unique. Cool place to hang out too, but I can imagine the crowd here at night or weekends can be a bit intimidating.

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

While visiting Downtown Norfolk, my wife and I decided to give Hell a try. We split a crab dip appetizer and a full rack of ribs. Both were very good and the serving sizes were generous. I don't know what other reviewers were expecting....this is not a white linen restaurant. Most of the patrons were in their 20/30's and the service / atmosphere is typical and targeted to that generation. The $$ would be comparable to an Outback or Applebee's. Give Hell a try....

1  Thank Chris J