“Great seafood and wine!”
Review of Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen
Ranked #41 of 729 Restaurants in Norfolk
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stopped here because of the name. I was surprised that the server seemed annoyed when I asked about the show and told me they weren't connected to the show at all. I didn't understand because of the name and the logo on the menu was the same? Oh well, no worries as this place had a great wine list and great food. Happy Hour specials are 1/2 off all appetizers and even the menu items were less than I expected. I got the crab cake sandwich and the crab cake was spectacular. Almost pure crab and very little filler. Delish! Apothic White wine was good but not for all palettes. Servers are very knowledgeable about the wines and can help you choose one you will love! Big city type atmosphere.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We had a variety of menu options for lunch: wraps, burgers, sandwiches, soups, and salads. My chicken ceasar wrap with a side of asparagus was to die for!! Super tasty! That's what my colleagues said. The waitress was average, but they seated us right away. They open for lunch and dinner. If in Norfolk, go!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is not your typical spot for lunch. The atmosphere is interesting. Things happen at a quick pace. The food was fresh and quick. Would enjoy going back again.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

The concierge at the Marriott Waterside reommended this place as one of the few places to get a meal late at night. We were looking for a meal at about 8 PM. Hell's Kitchen serves food until 10 PM. The quality of the food was much better than I would have expected at a bar. I had ahi tuna wrap and it was seared, warm all the way through and not rubbery, accompanied by a spicy but not hot cole slaw in the wrap. Tasted good,s,somewhat small portion, though. There is a choice of sides that come with the wraps, I had grilled asparagus and it was also very good - hot off the grill, not boiled and not sauced. I had a glass of wine with the meal, just a house rose and it was $9. The wrap was only $8.95. That floored me, I guess I should have asked since wine prices weren't posted. My companion had a turkey wrap that he pronounced as very good also. He had a soft drink wih it, free refills, $1.67. This bar has a young clientele, they were having a good time. The place is very noisy. The bar has burgers, several wraps, sandwiches and entrees on the menu. The food is not expensive and the concierge was right - it was worth the trip. It's within walking distance of the Marriott. Oh and it has free wi-fi. The Marriott charges $10 a day.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Families were there...but not the most family friendly place. Always packed, great food (the tenderloin appetizer with mashed potatoes is delightful)...but it's a joint for college kids or "town point park wine/beer festival" folks. Loud music, loud people. Fine dining food with bar atmosphere.

Been to Hell's Kitchen? Share your experiences!