“Charming atmosphere and tasty foods!”
Review of Bodega - CLOSED

Bodega
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E. Charlotte St.
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Nice evening out with another couple before a show at the Chrysler Theater in Norfolk.
Walking distance to parking and the theater - minutes away. Food was interesting/different and wine was reasonably priced. I guess it's more of a beer and Spanish Tapas menu but we got around that with ease. Nice choice on the menu. Wine was so-so but I did like the ambiance and yes we would go back.

Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I when Saturday night for an early dinner at 6. The tapas plates where as delicious as they were speaking to the eye. We will be returning to try more selections. The atmosphere is upsale and modern. Reservations are required but I do recommend one because it does fill up. Also note I can get a little loud when the place is full. Perfectly fine noise level for a date but not an in-depth business meeting.

ronvabea, Manager at Bodega, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Thank you for your review! I personally love how tapas allows you to try so many different items on our menu. We look forward to your next visit.

We strive to do better everyday!

Reviewed February 24, 2017

Food was only mediocre. The people were friendly. Decor was nice. We got a soggy salad and they adjusted the price when pointed out. likely will not go back to dine.

I do apologize that you did not have a 5 star experience while you were dining at Bodega on Granby. I hope that you will give us another chance to impress you with our menu and staff.

We strive to do better every day.

Reviewed January 24, 2017

My husband and I ate at Bodega after seeing the Virginia Symphony at Chrysler Hall. It is in walking distance to the venue which meant that we were able to leave our car in the Bank Street parking garage while we ate dinner. Because the symphony did not end until 10 p.m., I had made an on-line reservation for a late seating. The manager personally called to let me know that because of the late time, neither the special restaurant week menu nor the regular full menu would be available. Also, once we were seated he came by our table to make sure that I had received his message. This goes above and beyond excellent service. Although only the late night menu was available, the food was terrific. We will definitely go back to Bodega so that we can experience the full menu.

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

Amazing dinner. Super friendly and accommodating staff. Ryan the GM was a great host. Coelacanth and the chef did a remarkable job pairing the course together. This place is a gem for sure I will definitely be returning soon.