“Very nice, low key, and reasonably priced” 5 of 5 bubbles

Omar's Carriage House
Ranked #11 of 695 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the historic Freemason neighborhood of downtown Norfolk, Omar's offers lunch, dinner and brunch in the charming atmosphere of an old, original Carriage House. Specializing in homemade salads, desserts, offering a wide range of meats and seafood and always offering specials on food and wine, Omar's is a must-visit in Norfolk!
Pitman, New Jersey
“Very nice, low key, and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went here for a business dinner (five people). Everyone loved the food and wine. The price was also very reasonable. Our favorite appetizer was the Bastilla. During our travels to Norfolk, we will definitely come here once a week. This is a small establishment, so reservations are needed.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Wayne W

Virginia
“My favorite place in Norfolk for good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Omar has a flair for bringing fresh local food and adding wonderful spices to create scrumptious meals. His beer and wine selection is extensive and the setting is just delightful. I love the history of the Carriage house.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank scubayogachica
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“First experience with Morocan food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is one of those "Finds". It is small and just a bit off the main street but worth looking for for a good meal. The staff is friendly, prompt and knowledgible. I went with my servers recommendations and was very pleased with my food and wine. I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Bill W
“Everything was amazing except the tomato soup”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food was amazing untill I had the tomato soup, It was too sweet. The server also made me pay for the soup that I took one sip of.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Pml003
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“I'll Be Back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I took my sister and some friends to Omar's for her birthday on July 30th, 2012. Let me get the only negative out of the way right off the bat. Parking. If that is my only negative then fasten your seatbelts for a mega star rating. The place is completely charming and small. Maybe 10 tables. You are made to feel quite at home an know that you are in store for a dining experience that is rare. I have seen bad reviews about the service. I know those kind of folks. They just live look for any negative they can find. Just because the wait staff doesn't come to your table on hands and knees and kisses your feet they think the service is bad. Get real diners. We as customers are not gods and the wait staff are not your slaves. They are no less human than you and are just trying to do the best they can. The menu was great, the wine list was very adequate. My steak was the best I have ever had and I have a few years and steaks under my belt. My co-diners had everything from lamb to trout and were just as pleased as myself. The wait for the food was very acceptable and worth every minute of the wait. You nay sayers need to get a life and realize that restaurants have some days that are not perfect but don't go all tazmainian devil on them. This place is one of Tidewater's best and the Freemason locale is just the icing on the great cake. Total bill for 5 was $170 and that included wine and cocktails. Don't miss giving Omars a try. The owner comes out and meets you personally and, to me, that is worth the whole experience. I am from a huge city and have tried almost every kind of restrauant that you can imagine. Thank goodness for Norfolk and Omar's Carriage House.

• Visited July 2012