“One of our favorites!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“One of our favorites!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We love coming here on special occasions! My wife loves the banana & rum drink(Her favorite drink ever) And I love the variety. We always get the kobe beef carpacio, its delicious!

• Visited December 2013

green4859
“What a gem in Norfolk!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We found this place when we were looking for a late-night spot after missing our dinner reservation for our anniversary dinner. And boy am I glad we found it! We didn't get there until after 11pm after the "snag" we had. When we got in, we were the only one who requested to sit at a table while everyone else was at the bar. Christie, our server was great. She worked the bar and served us perfectly. I must say that the food was great! For appetizers, we ordered the veggie spring rolls and the eggplant fries. I loved the eggplant fries dipped in powdered sugar (different but good!). For entrees, I ordered the short ribs with potatoes and bok choy, my husband ordered the lemon chicken with sticky rice and carrots and we ordered our daughter a thai pizza. Desserts were also scrumptuous. Our overall dining experience was awesome, being that it was late at night. I think this was way better than what we had originally planned. I definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Norfolk.

• Visited July 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“One of my favorite places for a Girl's Night Out....”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I should have written this review a long time ago so I'm making up for it now. I have enjoyed Bardo every time I've been there, both lunch and dinner. I've been for lunch and a girl's night out just in the past few weeks and both times, the food and service have been great. One thing I like about going with a group of ladies is that it's a great place to sit and catch up on each other's lives and because there were 5 of us this last time, we were able to try a large variety of the menu. Our selections ran the gamut from the tame and healthy steamed edamame with sea salt to the more adventurous seared scallops with applewood smoked bacon, granny smith apple and brussel sprout hash, one of my faves of all time!! The fresh cut french fries are to die for and one of the things I really love about this restaurant is their execution of sauces. Most of the menu items at Bardo come with some type of a sauce or glaze and they are all delicious. The duck dumplings, pork buddha buns and sweet chili glazed chicken were great. As always, I enjoyed my 2 favorite 'go to' items - the Tempura Asparagus (I could just order these and be happy) and the Dip Sum Doughnuts, which are sinfully good. We did order more than this on our last visit but I just can't remember them all. Service is always good but our server this last time was fun and was happy to weigh in on our choices and help us decide. Can't wait to come back!

• Visited July 2014
Florida
“New concept”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I heard many raves about Bardo. While I found it romantic for an intimate date, it is more of a special occasion spot for us. Very nouvelle cuisine ie: small portions higher priced. We were excited to try the three martini flight selection. A bit disappointing that its what the bartender is in the mood to make (surprise tequila, rum and vodka)). We will pass on the fondue ( interesting idea but once was enough) and opt for another interesting pick next time. Donuts were yum, ordered heaven and hell, ehhhh. For an out of town splurge- great pick. Love the atmosphere and concept....but the tab at the end of the night and the portions left us saying " that was a great try, would you go back again?"

• Visited April 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Small Plates, Great Value”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is one of the great small plate restaurants and each dish is creative, interesting and well flavored. The service was impeccable and the other diners were friendly, which is always a nice touch.

• Visited June 2014