“Good food, pretty typical Mexican restaurant.”
Review of El Rodeo

El Rodeo
Ranked #80 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Mexican
Virginia Beach
“Good food, pretty typical Mexican restaurant.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We've been here on a couple of occasions. Our food has been good. It's a pretty typical Mexican restaurant. Decent service, good food, and okay prices. If you're in the area swing by, I'd say it's a better option for lunch than for dinner. Also keep an eye on prices once you get your check. They did overcharge us for our kid's meals.

• Visited December 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Wasn't very impressed”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went here by the recommendation of family and were a bit disappointed. Now, we are used to going to a specific mexican restaurant so maybe we are just used to them. First off, I was not impressed with their margaritas, it had no kick what so ever. Their chips & white sauce were good, but the red sauce tasted too much like jar sauce to me. We went with our usual so we could compare to our regular place (enchilada's, taco's & rice), the enchilada's were dry & the sauce is more like a brown gravy, the taco was fine. They were not busy at all, but we did have to ask the guy sweeping for our waiter because he never came back & several people had empty drinks, empty chip baskets & empty sauce cups. The restroom was very dirty & the door itself was almost black from never being cleaned. They were very friendly, but that's not enough for me to want to go back.

• Visited July 2013
Salem, Oregon
“Muy Bueno”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere. The menu was extensive with excellent choices. The margaritas were well prepared. Everything that we ordered was very good along with the attentive, excellent service. A great find through Trip Advisor.

Visited May 2013
Chesapeake, VA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Been eating here for years!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been eating at this restaurant for about 15 years. The food is delicious and the servers are like family to me. The parking lot is always full, especially on the weekends...but lunch time is really packed! I've tried just about everything on the menu and don't have any complaints about any of it. My favorite is the Carne Asada! The taste is incredible! I'll admit, my husband and I have tried numerous other Mexican restaurants in the area but nothing ever compares to El Rodeo. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual dining experience and really good Mexican cuisine.

• Visited April 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Looks can be deceiving”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This restaurant sits in a building, in a lonely parking lot, all by itself. There was a car wash being built next door, but that's about it. There have been times that the entire parking lot is full and we had to drive around waiting for a space to open up. Even so, once we got inside we didn't have to wait too long to be seated.

The inside is the usual Mexican decor, but boy, oh boy, wait until you order!!! We haven't received an item yet that we'd send back. It's all been good. The servers are amazing. Place your order and then watch them work! They come out of that kitchen area with four or five plates lined up their arm.

We're frequent customers. We'd recommend this restaurant.

Visited December 2012