“Good Bread and Soup.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Norfolk, Virginia
“Good Bread and Soup.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I like this restaurant very much, especially for a lunch date. It's convenient to get to (parking can be tricky when they are very busy) and is an open and bright space. I used to go with my late sister, and we would ALWAYS get the tomato soup, which is the best I have ever eaten.I have tried several times to make it myself but I cant quite get it right. They also have delicious salads, sandwiches (you can combine 1/2 sanwiches with soups), their home baked bread is crusty (something hard pressed to find anywhere else in Norfolk) and their desserts are decadent and very very BIG...tasty crispy french fries, GREAT iced tea and a wonderful accommodating staff. I will be there this weekend for more soup..it is soooo goood.

Visited January 2013

“so fresh”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is a guaranteed good place to go. Everything is fresh, unique and excellent quality. We have always enjoyed everything we have gotten from this restaurant, both breakfast, and lunch.

Visited September 2012
Dedham
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

One of the best and healthiest omelets and delicious pancakes. It is fun to watch the baker's prepare and bake the breads and pizza for the take-out market. Want to come back to try the wine bar on our next visit in the area. Service was wonderful...highly recommend.

• Visited December 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
“why?”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Baker's Crust you ruined a great thing. My food was good so I gave it 3 bubbles. But this is not the Baker's Crust I loved years ago.

Cumming, Georgia
“Great Place, Terrible Serivce”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Love this place, and the food is really good. But our server really had a bad attitude. When she delivered our food, she asked if there was anything else. After we requested ketchup and a glass of ice, since our iced tea was no longer cold, she proceeded to take the order of the next table and deliver their drinks before she attended our request. By the time the ketchup arrived, the burger was cold and, of course, the tea was really warm. When I commented that I thought she forgot, she responded that she did have other tables to attend. I told her that I hoped the other tables left her a good tip. BTW, I didn't.

Visited December 2012