“Decently solid place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of UNO Chicago Grill

UNO Chicago Grill
Ranked #336 of 700 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Italian, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Decently solid place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I eat here with my family relatively often and we've had pretty solid food and service at this location. I usually have coupons so we go if I happen to have one. We have had some issues with certain servers (but honestly we've gone back and not seen them ever again, so I think they know when to get rid of bad waitstaff!) but overall, the servers here are very nice. There are a few that we get over and over, but unfortunately we don't know their names. The last time we ate there, the waitress for our section completely ignored us. We notified the hostess, and another server who was on break came over and helped us. It was really nice, and a pleasant surprise. Food is pretty consistent in terms of flavor and temperature level. I like that they have half plate options as I don't always want a huge plate of food. Really good place to go if no one can decide on what they want... they have a little of everything!

• Visited March 2013

Norfolk, Virginia
“First excellent review :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Me, my hubby and friend decided to go out for a good meal not expecting anything grand since our recent experiences in Norfolk/Virginia beach hasn't been great so far. As we were seated from a friendly hostess and welcoming bar tender who greeted us as well, the atmosphere and decor was nice and comfortable. Our waitress was friendly and attentive but not overbearing, as our food started coming in we were in bliss heaven with what we were eating. We ordered the buffalo quesadilla's with salsa, guacamole and sour cream which was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful!, than our food arrived which was a deep dish pizza for me (with side of french fries), stuffed chicken with spinach and pasta for the hubby and deep dish mac and cheese for the friend. Oh my gosh were to begin!...my pizza was just perfect with chunky tomato sauce, sausage, mushrooms and spinach and the crust was thick as how a deep dish should be and french fries tasting just perfect. The stuffed spinach chicken (which i tasted) was creamy and the chicken was juicy and just delicious, our friends deep dish mac and cheese (which i tasted as well) is the prefect example of an adult mac and cheese!. Creamy and so deliciously cheesy with a thick crunchy crust which was cooked as perfect as all the rest of the foods. As for our grand finale we ordered the salty caramel bread pudding which was "hmm hmm hmm delicious!!", sweet with a hint of saltiness and the pudding cooked from heaven. This places was great in every way and will be coming back and soon!.

• Visited September 2012
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“Pleasant meal, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I ate one evening. Had nice light meals ... part of a chain we have @ home, and also here. Pleasantly surprised to find a number options for light appetites. Most unusual was a combo salad of guacamole, orange slices, cranberries, greens, and a few other ingredients with a lightly seasoned oil dressing: must be new -- its not mentioned on their website.

Visited July 2012
Central VA
“A tasty deep dish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

I will preface this by saying that A) I generally am more of a NY style fan, and B) I don't really eat at chains very often when I have other options.

But someone else wanted to go here, so here we went. And it wasn't that bad, really.

Pros
Pizza came very quickly (how do they bake a deep dish so quickly??)
Pizza was fairly tasty and hot
Beers were large
Meal was inexpensive

Cons
Parking lot - crowded and iffy (more on the parking situation below)
Waitress seemed distracted

Strange
The pizza my son made (a Make Your Own Pizza) was absolutely not the pizza he was served.

The Parking Lot: The first odd thing about this was that the parking lot was nearly jammed packed in front and on all sides, except in the far back; but the restaurant was barely 1/4 full. There were no diners within 5 tables of us in any direction. Perhaps it is overflow from the chain joint next store.

Now, I don't mind parking out back, but in this case, this was an iffy option. There was a derelict car here, and another car that had clearly recently been broken into - glass on the ground and in the back seat of the car. And there was a strange car (covered with bondo) with a loud stereo and louder muffler cruising the lot with the driver checking out all the cars and cursing loudly at someone out the window. I stayed with my car for a bit then he drove off. I was absolutely glad to find my car unharmed when we came out from dinner.

The service was decent the food was cheap and tasty, but not sure we will be back because the location seems to be going downhill.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank VASkeptic
South Carolina
“Seems to have gone a bit down hill...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

We lived in the Norfolk area for several years, and always enjoyed going to UNO for great all around food and service. On a recent trip up the East Coast we decided to stop back in to check it out

-We went one night fairly late (~8 pm), so restaurant was pretty empty. No wait for a table
-Waitstaff was ok. Was not overly impressed...friendly enough, but nothing that would make us drool to go back.
-We liked the idea of kids pizza where the children make their own pie at the table, and then the kitchen bakes it. Came with an apron to keep them from getting too messy which was nice.
-Food was ok. I seem to remember the pies tasting better a few years ago. We had a bbq chicken pizza, and an all meat pizza. Both were ok on toppings, cooked well enough, but just overall nothing to write home about.
-Most annoying was the fact that they were out of to go boxes. How does a pizza place run out of to go boxes? We ended using saran wrap from the kitchen (lame!), and plastic bowls with lids on them. We did see where the manager finally went to a restaurant next door and got some to go boxes, but then failed to notice we needed one or even offer one our direction.
-No "thank you" or "have a good night" from anyone on the way out. Maybe it is just me, but I appreciate when someone acknowledges I spent money at their establishment, and says at least "have a good night".

I don't like writing so-so reviews, especially for places we used to frequent and like so much, but this go around was just not that great. I hope they can turn things around and go back to what we came to know a few years ago!

• Visited April 2012