“Come to the Azalea Inn and be in like Flynn!”
Review of Azalea Inn

Azalea Inn
Ranked #95 of 829 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This was my first trip to this restaurant (thanks to Connie, my friend) and I will not let it be my last! A bit modest on the outside but an unexpected gem on the inside!
As I entered I noticed it was a bit dark down the middle and brighter on the left and along the wall on the right. I sat near a window on the right. The decor and cuisine let me know that Greek food is served here; so is Italian (the pizza is purported to be the best in town) along with some American comfort foods). There are lunch specials in conjunction with the main menu that also features a wine list.
Patricia was our server (ask for her-you won't regret it--trust me); she was friendly, attentive, patient and made us feel as if we were the only patrons in the place. I ordered a Healthy Salad and my friend ordered a chicken wrap. Both dishes were fresh and νόστιμο (DELICIOUS, that is!)!! The servings were large and the sweet tea was divine!
The bar area is bright and drink-friendly; the sports bar was spacious and seems to embrace baseball to racing on the many TVs that line the walls. AND, there's a Game Room in the back--woo-hoo--for the arcade enthusiasts!
Great Greek food dishes, knowledgeable and efficient staff, sports, drinks, and smooth ambience all through--what more is needed?

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Atmosphere was great, as we sat in the side room. Middle area looked rather dark, we had plenty of light. Lunch specials were reasonably priced, other food can get pricey. The food was tasty. Mashed potatoes were for real, with small chunks of real potatoes, not just powdered. Green beans were not overdone. Fried okra, however, had woody fibrous parts. Should have cooked up younger okra. Pizza is always good. Meatloaf was pretty good, but rather plain tasting, not great.

Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed our first dinner at Azalea Inn the other night. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant was very clean. We both ordered off the Greek Cuisine and loved it. Will definitely be returning to try more delicious lunches and dinners, maybe even a breakfast! Yummy!

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

8 if us met for dinner.
We all enjoyed our meal. No complaints. I ordered Lobster Bisque and Caprese salad.
The salad was quite large.
Pizzas were shared -they were generous in size.
Wait staff was friendly. We needed seating for 8-10. Immediately they moved tables to accommodate us.
This on a Friday at 6 pm.
No one had room for dessert.
We’ll return.

Reviewed December 16, 2017 via mobile

We had the wonderful pizzas and salads they are so famous for. Our staff had requested the food from Azalea Inn after having it last year while visiting.

Been to Azalea Inn? Share your experiences!