“Meh...”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Toledo, Ohio
“Meh...”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been here several times with different groups, ranging from a 65th birthday party to post flag football game beers. I've never been impressed. I will say the pizza has always been pretty good. However, the service is normally spotty. The most recent time I went (a few days ago), I was with a group of 7 and there were 5 different checks. I realize this is a hassle for the waitstaff, but I didn't expect to have a required 20% gratuity added to my check, without warning. I typically tip in the 20-30% range, but having it added with no warning took me back a bit. In addition, the checks were all brought before they were asked for and there was no additional service afterwards. The restaurant was busy at this time, but there were plenty of empty tables and we would have stayed longer and had more drinks, if not for the waitress bringing our checks.

• Visited April 2013

Gloucester, Virginia
“Awesome Pizza”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

4 adults, 3 children out together for a family dinner. I loved the Azalea Pie and the Greek appetizers. My daughter enjoyed the grilled cheese. Server was nice but slow and a seemed a little preoccupied. My husband had the chicken marsala - I didn't care for it.
There is a game room and the kids earned some ticket for small prizes. I was very surprised to find $20 added gratuity to our bill! I understand adding gratuity for a large party...but 4 Adults with 3 Children (Two children are 7 and 1 year old). Our families eat out together a lot and this is the first time we've ever had a tip added to our bill. I would have tipped her more that the gratuity that was added but after seeing she added to the check I choose not to tip her any higher.

• Visited March 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“Good Pizza”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The best pizza in the Norfolk area is Azalea inn Try the Greek Pizza or Hawaiian pizza. This place has a great variety

Visited March 2013
Virginia Beach
“A good neighborhood sports bar”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Azalea may intimidate people the first time they walk in, but it's a really friendly place. Large sports bar side, with the sit down family part separated on the other side. Video game room for kids (and big kids). The bar on the bar side is huge...lots of sitting room. Everyone seems to have a good time. The place to wear your team's jersey when they're playing--flat screen TVs all over the place and each is independently controlled. The bartenders and servers will change the channels. There's a separate room for smoking which also has a TV. The food is really good...we always get the Azalea pizza. Pool tables also. If you're in the East Litle Creek area, East Ocean View area, NW Virginia Beach area, then you'll want to go to Azalea for the pizza and games. PS: I couldn't submitthis until I checked the "what sort of visit was this." Look, it's a pizza sports bar and restaurant. I go with my wife, but I'm not taking her there for Valentine's Day or our anniversary. You can take the kids and have a good time. Go with friends and have a good time. Go solo and have a good time. Don't go for romance or discuss multimillion dollar oil deals.

• Visited December 2012
Norfolk, Virginia
“There's a reason it's been there so long”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

People have been telling me about this place since I moved to the area 13 years ago, and I finally went with a group. I wish I hadn't wasted all that time! My meal was delicious (a roasted chicken entree), the server handled our group of 20 women with an ease I rarely see, and the prices were quite reasonable. I also ordered a small pizza to go for my husband, and it was REALLY delicious. Not "NY Style" (and I'm a NY transplant), but full of toppings and great flavors. I'll go back!

Visited December 2012