“Very good food”

No Frill Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 712 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Virginia Beach, VA
“Very good food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

HAd he portabella mushroom appetizer and a Tuna (rare) salad. OMG... EXCELLENT!!!! I would go back every day if I could... the food is always good and I had never ordered either of these before... they were excellent.

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Men vs Food (the Food won)”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We visited this restaurant during one of our few nights off on a recent work trip to Norfolk, and enjoyed it so much we went back again on our last night in town.

Tasty food, not too expensive, and clearly very popular even on a week night. However the first time I made the foolish error of ordering a ribs 'starter' before the main. The ribs would have been a big main course back in the UK, and as such I hardly touched the following course. Which was a shame and a bit of a waste. Does anyone ever get around to trying dessert?

But overall - a super couple of nights out. Yum.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank David_West_UK
Nowhere
“Consistent, great food, great ambiance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love coming here! The servers are always friendly, and the food is great. I really like the side salads because they are so fresh, and they have so much variety. The sandwiches are great- I usually get the turkey wrap or a burger. The meal sized salads are also good. My husband usually gets the ribs (which are falling off the bone and amazing) or the meatloaf. If you order one of the larger platters, you get ALOT of food- two sides, bread, and then the main dish.

There is a bar with anything you'd want to drink on tap.

It is usually busy, but I've never had to wait long for a table. My only gripe about this place is their parking lot- it's really hard to find a spot, and once you get one, it's hard to back out. I reccomend parking in the city parking spaces or to park a few blocks away.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gambatte Z
Pittsburgh
“Great Atmposphere and Food.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The atmosphere was original and the menu has some great choices. The food at No Frill Bar and Grill tastes great as well.

Visited March 2013
Hampton, Virginia
“Good again”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hadn't been to No Frill in awhile so we ventured in again. Almost did the brunch breakfast but decided on lunch instead. Got a chicken flatbread. Stacked high and messy. Could only eat half of it and took it home for phase 2 eating later. Food was enjoyable. Very crowded as we knew it would be on a Sunday mid-day. They had taken a couple of items off the menu that my daugher and I always got so that was a disappointment but all in all, it was good as usual. Parking will always be a problem but it's not something we have any control over.

• Visited March 2013

Been to No Frill Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!