“Quality food, variety, i'd go again for sure.”

No Frill Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 718 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Quality food, variety, i'd go again for sure.”
Reviewed November 30, 2007

Quality food, variety, i'd go again for sure.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Turkish first
Norfolk, Virginia
“Fun, well-located, a great mix of people”
Reviewed May 16, 2007

This small restaurant has great cafe style dining in warm weather and a certain coziness in the winter. It is located in historic Ghent near the Naro movie theatre. Food is reasonable and the atmosphere is fun without being loud. I have enjoyed the fresh tuna pita for years.

Santa Clara, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great prices!”
Reviewed August 23, 2006

We visited the No Frill Grill while attending my niece's graduation last May. Incredible food for the price. It is so refreshing to find a great meal, at a reasonable price that is actually cooked for you. Can you open a No Frill Grill in Santa Clara, California! I want to return to Norfolk just to eat at the No Frill Grill! I HIGHLY recommend it.

1 Thank abook
Nashville, TN
“Loved the No Frill Bar & Grill!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I'm a "foodie" and a former editor of Southern Living cookbooks, so finding fun, funky, and great places to eat while on the road is like a mission with me. Once again, TripAdvisor, you have steered me in the right direction. My husband tends to laugh at all the research I put into even the smallest getaway, that is until he dines at the restaurants your reviewers recommend! The No Frill Bar & Grill was a little hard to find, tucked away in a neat little artsy district of Norfolk near the waterfront. (Thank goodness for Yahoo! maps.) Immediately upon entering, you felt like a local. The food was well prepared, flavorful, and in large quantities. No small portions here! Very good value for your dollar. Part of the adventure for me when I travel with my family is to seek out-of-the-way local favorites. Thanks to TripAdvisor, I can add No-Frill Bar & Grill to my list of favorite places to eat.

2 Thank lhtalley
virginia
“No Frill Grill is one of the best”
Reviewed July 19, 2004

The No Frill has the best food for the best price....their chalkboard specials are extraordinary. The place is generally filled with locals, from well heeled professionals to graduate students, because the food is consistently very good and the service is typically excellent. You can dress casually, it is not "fine dining" in style, but I would say the chalkboard specials are fine dining in terms of quality of preparation. For those with lighter appetites and budgets you can also get a burger, sandwich or salad, or just dessert. This is just about my favorite place to eat in Norfolk. Ideal before a movie at the Naro, which is around the corner on Colley Ave.

2 Thank gr8ful47