“Nice Norfolk Restaurant”

No Frill Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 733 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I heard about this restaurant from my wife who had dined at the Virginia Beach, VA location with some friends. I read about the restaurant and it was very good. I recommend the Funky Chicken sandwich which is one of the most popular items on their menu. I thought about getting the ribs as they looked very inviting but, I opted for the sandwich as it was later in the evening and that was alot of food. Portions are very filling. It appeared that the two locations have slightly different menus.

The atmosphere and decor was good. Kind of eclectic. The location in Norfolk is located in the Ghent section of Norfolk off 21st Street. I used to live in Norfolk ant this area is a good walking neighborhood. The Norfolk location had decent parking although it was later in the evening. I led me to believe that when the weather is warmer it is a popular spot. It may have not been too crowded because it was over the Christmas holiday season and Norfolk State University and Old Dominion University were on winter break. Norfolk is a college town. The restaurant is closer to the ODU campus but it is not like a crazy college hangout spot. You can have a nice dinner here with friends, families or significant other. I would definitely recommend and I will patronize the establishment again as there are alot of things on the menu I want to try.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Quality food, excellent service in this popular off the beaten path eatery. I love this place and plan my visits to Norfolk to make sure I can eat here for lunch or dinner. All entrees are excellent and the service is as well.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A local hangout for the Ghent crowd, the food has always been good, and the prices very reasonable. Limited parking around back for the early arrivals.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

People who go to the NARO theater often eat here. Prices are great, food is delicious, selections are more than adequate. I always look forward to eating here.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Greta prices on drinks, large servings of food & THE BEST TUNA MELT EVER! Went back another day to order to go food, they did forget part of my order but as long as I got the melt it was ok.

Will come back again next time I am in Virginia!