“Diverse Menu”

No Frill Bar and Grill
Ranked #1 of 728 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2012

A very diverse menu. Excellent food and service. Large portions. Lightly breaded butterfly shrimp is amazing. Excellent Key Lime Pie. Every item ordered was excellent; went twice while on vacation.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I dined at No Frills in Norfolk (No Frills is also has a location in Virginia Beach) because of its high rating on TripAdvisor, and because it is only a 15 minute drive from my home. On my first visit, I ordered the Funky Chicken Sandwich - Grilled chicken breast, bacon, tomato, melted Swiss cheese, Parmesan pepper dressing on grilled rye. My server informed me this was their most popular item. I ordered black beans as a side. Frankly, I was disappointed with the meal. The beans were blah, and so was the sandwich … kinda. But, the grilled rye bread did gently kiss my taste buds, and the bacon that was absent for most of the sandwich showed up at the last few bites. The portion for the meal was more than ample for the price.

Since TripAdvisor had yet to steer me wrong, I decided to give No Frills a 2nd chance. This time I ordered a bowl of the FAMOUS CHILI - Smothered with cheddar Jack cheese and served with corn bread and sour cream on the side. This was the first I had eaten sour cream with chili, and it waste tastefully different. This dish was a winner with me, and again, the portion was more than ample for the price. I shall return!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This restaurant in Ghent is just off Colley Ave. but is always busy. The food is good and it is family friendly. On Sundays, they have a brunch menu along with the regular menu which is great for those who do not like more traditional breakfast foods.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

No frill is always on top of its game! The food is fresh and scrumptious..I have been eating here for years and have NEVER been dissapointed.......the staff is friendly and helpful with suggestions to the many many choices they have to offer.......cannot wait to the next visit....at least once a month......

Keep up the great work...Stacey W.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This restaurant is off the beaten path in Ghent, but it's clear that people beat a path to their door. It is always bustling and the delicious, un-fussy food at really great prices is the main reason. Love the Spotswood salad and buffalo shrimp! Everything is great, and they do brunch!