“Great Small Plates”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Small Plates”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here the other evening. It was an absolute pleasure! Fantastic food that was perfectly prepared and a server who could not have been better. For appetizers my wife had a lobster salad while I enjoyed a delicious curry chicken salad with pears and baguettes. We shared an order of pot stickers and a fillet which were both perfectly prepared (the steak literally melted I my mouth). Couple this with a delicious Pinot Noir and we had a perfect evening. Strongly recommend trying this great gem.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JimCarroll3

Fruitland, Maryland
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a concert and were looking for some late night food. We loved being able to sample several plates for our meal. Each plate was not a disappointment. We had everything from a goat cheese, roasted garlic and peppers, and olive tapenade spread to clams to tuna sashimi to boursin and artichoke mac & cheese to a succulent filet. We ended with a chocolate kiwi tart. Not to mention the great selection of beers. Kudos to the owner!!

• Visited February 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Superb food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great Tapas Bar. Great selection of Belgian and German beers, including Augustiner Edelstoff. Food is really excellent and reasonably priced. A great place to meet with friends after work.

Visited November 2013
North Carolina
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to a concert at the Norva in Norfolk. We were walking around trying to find a good place to eat when we stumbled upon Empire Little Bar Bistro. We shared 5 tapas but really LOVED the Buffalo Fried Oysters with Blue Cheese Gnocchi and the Bacon Wrapped Dates with a Balsamic Reduction. Liz, our waitress (who was awesome) told us that they rotate the menu seasonally. I would recommend Empire to anyone going to Norfolk.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wilhelmina0723
Chania, Greece
“Extremely good tapas”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Buffalo fried oysters with blue cheese gnocchi! Amazing. Like a party in my mouth. Bacon wrapped dates. Thai pot stickers. All terrific with a tasty beer selection.