“Amazing Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Fruitland, Maryland
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stopped here after a concert and were looking for some late night food. We loved being able to sample several plates for our meal. Each plate was not a disappointment. We had everything from a goat cheese, roasted garlic and peppers, and olive tapenade spread to clams to tuna sashimi to boursin and artichoke mac & cheese to a succulent filet. We ended with a chocolate kiwi tart. Not to mention the great selection of beers. Kudos to the owner!!

• Visited February 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“Superb food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a great Tapas Bar. Great selection of Belgian and German beers, including Augustiner Edelstoff. Food is really excellent and reasonably priced. A great place to meet with friends after work.

Visited November 2013
North Carolina
“Amazing find!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to a concert at the Norva in Norfolk. We were walking around trying to find a good place to eat when we stumbled upon Empire Little Bar Bistro. We shared 5 tapas but really LOVED the Buffalo Fried Oysters with Blue Cheese Gnocchi and the Bacon Wrapped Dates with a Balsamic Reduction. Liz, our waitress (who was awesome) told us that they rotate the menu seasonally. I would recommend Empire to anyone going to Norfolk.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wilhelmina0723
Chania, Greece
“Extremely good tapas”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Buffalo fried oysters with blue cheese gnocchi! Amazing. Like a party in my mouth. Bacon wrapped dates. Thai pot stickers. All terrific with a tasty beer selection.

USA
“A tale of two Bistros”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wanted to stop into "Empire Little Bar Bistro" for a bite and a beverage before heading to the airport. Unfortunately they did not open until 5 PM. So I went into the Bistro next door, "Havana." What a mistake. Havana was completely empty at 4:45 PM. No happy hour discounts whatsoever. Premium vodka martini $11. Cheapest appetizer $12! I passed on the food. I was told by the bartender "we're thinking about happy hour deals in the future."

Finished my drink and went into the Empire. What a contrast. Happy hour price discounts and a whole host of small plate/tapas for $5 and $6. Had another premium vodka martini and a delicious green bean/red chili/almond dish for $13, just two dollars more than a drink alone next door. Will definitely be back here when I have more time, if I ever visit Norfolk.

• Visited August 2013