“My favorite!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My favorite!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant downtown. Come early, though. Until they move, they're a small restaurant with only a few tables that fill up fast.

The menu changes periodically, so you get a good variety. Nearly everything I've had here is excellent. The wine selection is pretty good. Service can be a little detached as the (typically) single waiter juggles the entire dining room.

I come here often and highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2013

Seaford, Virginia
“Our Favorite in Downtown Norfolk”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I frequent this great restaurant when in Norfolk. We enjoy the feel of a relatively small bistro where you can see the chefs in action and enjoy a good selection of beer and spirits. The small plates never disappoint and allow you to enjoy a variety of dishes that are prepared with care. We've been going there for several years and the quality has withstood the test of time. Check it out - you'll be glad you did.

• Visited February 2013
“Hip little bar.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to get drinks and a little bite before going to a concert downtown and I was pleasantly surprised by this place! They have an interesting cocktail menu and the waitor was very knowledgeable about the drink selection. Our table ordered about 7 different tapas and they were all delicious.

One of my friends who I was dining with was a tad rude and our waitor felt free to sass her back ... I kinda loved it. I would have been put off a little bit, but he was attentive and polite for the rest of our meal. I'll return again! Maybe in better company ...

Just a heads up, under cocktails they have a drink entitled Shut the Hell Up and Go Home or something -- H20 and a strained smile, and they do not itemize checks, although you can split them evenly with credit. There is a certain atmosphere that definitely let's you know that they want to serve people who enjoy good food and drink and make it easy for their servers to do so.

Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Foodie's delight”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

On business in Norfolk with a small group, we quickly decided that this was our favorite restaurant in town; we had dinner there three times. The roasted vegetable salad is SO good, and the Petit Filet is just perfect for the smaller appetite; I ordered both all 3 times. We had the same waiter on our first two visits, and were not especially happy with him, but kept coming back because the food (and beer) was so good. If I find myself in Norfolk, I will most definitely be heading to the Empire for my first dinner.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Outstanding little bar!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A great little bar if you like craft beer, outstanding food (generous 'small plates', ideally sized in my view), and exceptional cocktails. Service was very friendly and attentive. I wish I could take this place with me and transplant it in my neighborhood!

Visited December 2012