“Quick Lunch, Great Service, Good BBQ”
Review of Doumar's

Doumar's
Ranked #1 of 16 Dessert in Norfolk
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quick Lunch, Great Service, Good BBQ”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

My Wife and I stopped In to have a quick lunch. We heard about this place from Triple D. The BBQ Sandwich was really good. My Wife got a Strawberry Shortcake and I got a Hot Fudge Cake Sundae. They were both wonderful. It was great quality at a great price. Our Lunch was only $15.33. Our Setvice was quick and the young lady was very nice. We will return...

London, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I I think this diner suffers from being too popular. We were taken there because it was the place to go. Two out of our three party had seats up at the counter and the third had to stand until a place next door became available. We ordered just sandwiches and fries. The fries came up first and were slightly undercooked [soft but too light in colour]. Sandwich was OK. Coffee doesn't come with free refills. My husband asked for another coffee and this was quickly pointed out by the waitress. Husband had the coffee which he wanted whether paying or not. I found the experience uncomfortable and wasn't unhappy when we left. Perhaps on another day and another time it may have been better.

• Visited May 2014
Lake Mary, Florida
“Orange Freeze... 'Nuff Said”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

A great chance to experience a true drive in. Limited menu, but in reality it's all about the ice cream. Don't pass on the limeade either. Side note, when they say minced pork, they don't mean pulled pork. This is seriously minced.

Fun family experience, take the kids and get a sundae...

Visited May 2014
Norfolk, Virginia
“A Norfolk Landmark”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you are in Norfolk, you must visit this place. The BBQ sandwich is the only thing that I get. It is always fresh and tasty. Another staple is the fresh squeezed limeade. You can get it with regular water or "fizzy" water.

• Visited November 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Old Time Favorite in Norfolk”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

How long has Doumar's been around? I'm turning 60 this year, and my parents used to go there on dates. Abe Doumar, of course, invented the waffle ice cream cone at the 1904 World's Fair. You can still see the cones being made on the original machine. Al Doumar, Abe's nephew sadly passed away recently, but the tradition continues.

If you go there, get the barbecue sandwich and a limeade. This is minced, Carolina style barbecue on a soft bun. The fries are great and the limeade is the best there is. You can get old fashion car-side service or go inside for a trip back in time.

• Visited May 2014