“Solid greek food and good bars”
Review of Orapax

Orapax
Ranked #41 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2018

This Greek restaurant is very solid, if not special. A very comfortable place with good service and a decent selection of beers (including local craft brews). The choices for real Mediterranean food is limited in Norfolk, and this is as good as any.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 13, 2018

First visited this Greek restaurant in June 2017 and had a delightful experience: great Greek food and wonderful, attentive service. Looked forward to visiting again when i was in Norfolk in May 2018, and regret that I came back. The food was nothing special to talk about, and the service was pathetic. I won't be coming back to visit on my next trip to Norfolk.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank WilliamHarrison55555
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

The music was blaring so loud that conversation was out of the question. After asking twice if they could turn it down, which they said they did but it was not noticeable, we asked to be moved. They said it was the same throughout the restaurant so we gave up. Ate as quickly as we could and left. Well...I didn’t eat because the avgolemono, one of my favorites, was disgusting. Others in my party thought their food was okay, not great, so that’s the only reason I gave them two stars.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Suz A
Reviewed May 3, 2018

We had a large group of diners sitting at two tables. Even though it was a Friday night, we were assigned two servers who had friendly, outgoing personalities. The pizzas were excellent. The remodel looks great with large windows that fold away giving an open air dining experience.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 2, 2018

A group of 10 had dinner on a Tuesday evening. This group has been through the Ornish heart-healthy program sponsored by the local Sentara hospital. It promotes a plant based, vegan diet, no oils, fats or dairy products A very restrictive way of eating. When eating out, it is usually very difficult to fully comply although many of the better restaurants will usually handle special requests from such life style eaters. The restaurant is fully Ornish compliant with vegetarian burgers, no-fat cheese and all the other specifics of Ornish eating. My wife is on program but I am not. She ordered the vegan chicken (Gardein chicken) fajitas. I had a good old Greek gyro platter and felt a tad guilty but it was delicious. The other members of the groups enjoyed their selections from the vegan menu as well.

Date of visit: April 2018