“Much improved from last visit in 2008”
Review of Orapax

Orapax
Ranked #36 of 804 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2017

After many years, gave Orapax another chance. The bread was wonderful. Shared a large Greek salad with a friend. Salad was fresh, plenty of feta cheese (everything is bettah with feta). We couldn't even finish it. We also shared an order of calamari which was very good. Looking forward to going back and trying more items.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Went with a friend for dinner and drinks to check out their new renovation. The new bar is attractive but their dinner menu prices have gone up and the quality of food has gone down. My friend had Spanakopita and I had Kotapita. She is Greek and remarked that Spanakopita was ok but was not cooked or seasoned in authentic Greek fashion so she was disappointed. My Koptpita was good but bland and could have been more moist. We grabbed a take out order of the Greek Sampler platter for a friend. She remarked that hers was greasy and she left about half of it. I have friends in the neighborhood that love their pizza and it always looks delicious. So I would suggest going for pizza and drinks during happy hour. If you want "authentic" Greek food or an excellent dinner this is not the place.

1  Thank Maizy L
Reviewed August 29, 2017

They catered a birthday party for us. The food including gyros, Greek salad , lasagna and beef was outstanding. Working with the staff was a pleasure.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Orapax is one of our favorite restaurants in Norfolk so we were dismayed with the quality of food we had there last night. We are not sure if there is a new cook in the kitchen or the food has changed. We both had lamb dishes the gyro platter and lamb pitas respectively. The lamb didn't even taste like lamb, especially on the gyro platter and the lamb in the pitas was mostly non existent. The orzo was good and the greek salad and bread were also very good but the lamb again was disappointing. We do not feel like we got the value for the price we paid. The lamb dishes here used to be better.

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

First visit tonight. We were told it was the grand opening of new addition to restaurant and also 50 year anniversary.
First thing I noticed is that the music playing in the dining room was like club music and the demographics of the diners were families and mid forties or older. Definitely not fit for the people that were dining or the overall feel of the dining room. Our waitress was not very good. She forgot we ordered drinks and seemed kinda scattered with her thoughts and very hyper. Aside from the music and our goofy waitress the food was very good. I had moussaka which was a first for me and I enjoyed it. Everyone else in our party got the Greek platter and that was very good. No complaints about the food. However our waitress should have noticed that two of the three Greek platters were missing feta! Her excuse was that the kitchen was really busy.

Been to Orapax? Share your experiences!