“Greek food, Great fun”

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Pizza, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2013

There was a group of 9 of us. Even though the place is small, the seating is arranged so that a group is accommodated easily with reservations. The hummus and homemade pita chips were a delicious start to the evening. Every one enjoyed their meals. We had pizza, spanakopita, kotopitas, slouvaki and greek salad....All were delicious. A definite return is in our future. It's also a great place for family and friends. Of course the service takes time...but isn't dinner supposed to be that way! Don't come when you're in a hurry. Come to relax and enjoy the food and time with people.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was a good experience. I came here from afar a while back, and a workman doing (I think the floor) repair growled at me to say, "It's closed!" - no sign to the efft. I wondered if a return visit would be worth it.

It was.

I had a very fine experience there. The special was the rockfish. It was perfect in every respect. When I mixed it up with the "rice" and sauce, it was a delight.

The little girl doing the waitressing was handling about 10 tables with proficiency, and nobody looked like they were looking around for their food, or as if lacking anything. She also seemed knowledgeable about the menu, and informed me that bread was like a Greek sourdough. It was a mouth-melter! That's for sure.

Have since talked to a young man from Richmond, who is moving to Norfolk. I recommended Orapax, but he already knew. Apparently people who know food, and like it, know this place. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank CB5328
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love it that now they have wine night the first Friday and Saturday of each month. This gives me a chance to try a new wine and not feel guily if I don't like it because of the price. Lunch specials are great. Personal pizza and greek salad for under 5...

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went there with our daughters who were studing at Norfolk University and used to go often as the food is very good. The place is simple and cosy. The food was tasty and the prices super.
I recommend Orapax Inn to everyone who visit Norfolk.

1  Thank Athina T
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This tucked away restaurant, owned and operated by the same family for nearly 70 years, is a real jewel. The menu hasn't changed much over the years and it's all very good and authentic in the Greek and Mediterranean flavors and traditions. A real treat.

Been to Orapax? Share your experiences!