“Decent food and attentive service”
Review of Kincaid's - Norfolk - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: City Hall Ave.
Description: Today's Interpretation of a Traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse... Only Kincaid's recalls the simpler place and time of the Great American Fish, Chop and Steakhouses. Visitors become lifetime guests because Kincaid's recalls the warmth, memories and flavors they know and love. At Kincaid's, Guests savor their dining experience and enjoy wonderfully reasonable prices as well. Kincaid's. Welcome Home.
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Decent food and attentive service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Kincaid's always has a good menu to choose from and an attentive wait staff. We don't go here often because of location (Downtown Norfolk has limited parking, continuous construction and a feeling of being less-than-safe), but when we do venture to go we enjoy the dining experience.

• Visited December 2012

Charlestown, Maryland
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent last weekend in Norfolk with four friends to attend the NATO Festival and Tattoo. We had a delightful time. We stayed at the Marriott in rooms overlooking the water. Everything was up to Marriott's usual standards. Before the Tattoo, we had dinner at Kincaid's. It is within walking distance of the Tattoo. Dinner was very good. Those that ordered the special "meatloaf" were particularly pleased with their meals. The Tattoo is always wonderful and inspiring. We had attended the Tattoo in Edinburg last August and Norfolk's is, while not as big, was just as enjoyable. We always leave with our feelings of patriotism renewed. The parade was even better than last year and we especially enjoyed the performance of the Celtic singers. After the parade we visited the Botanical Gardens, riding the tram around the grounds. The tour guide was knowledgeable. Although the azaleas were not in full bloom, the gardens are still beautiful. We were sorry to hear the sad story of the eagles that were displaced from their nest in the gardens by the airport and of the female that was run over by a plane. It is sad that we cannot co-exist with such beautiful representations of our nation.

Norfolk, Virginia
“I would've preferred some Customer Service with that attitude...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

On Sunday, 28th April, after having seen the spectacular Virginia International Tattoo, my boyfriend and I were looking for someplace nice to have dinner. He is an attractive man (if I do say so :) ), dressed in a blazer and tie, and I was wearing a pretty skirt and top. As we were walking down Granby St., we approached Kincaid's and I suggested we stop in-it was about 5:00 PM. We came in thru a side door into the bar, and didn't find anyone to speak to about a table, so we walked toward the front of the restaurant-past a young man changing a baby-on what apparently was the hostess station. We walked past and went to the front entrance area, only to realize that there was no hostess in that area either. Somewhat surprised, we turned around and walked back toward the bar-past the man changing the baby-and looked for the hostess in the bar area. No luck there either. As we turned to head back toward the front entrance, a woman appeared, looked at us and said "yes-can I help you?"--we're not talking welcoming, thanks for coming to Kincaid's here...we're talking "hey-you're obviously lost and I'm busy--whaddya want?" At that point, my boyfriend said that we were looking for a table for two. The response was a rude "do you have reservations? If you don't have reservations you can see if there's something open in the bar.".
I like to think that I'm a reasonable human being, and I understand that restaurants are busy-and it's probably been crazy with the Tattoo going on since Thurs., but this woman's job is literally Customer Service. I've only been to Kincaid's once before, and believe me-it wasn't even close to being good enough to overcome this person's attitude. I know there are others who've enjoyed it--but we won't be back.

Virginia
“Great experience and good food”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visited during the Christmas holidays and the atmosphere was wonderful. The waiters were very attentive and the food was great!

MD
“Nice atmosphere inside/shady unsafe outside...good food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited ODU this past weekend....stayed in downtown Norfolk.....went to dinner here from hotel recommendation. Empty for Friday night approx. 9 pm....staff very nice/attentive. Ordered calamari/salad/Prime Rib/Grilled shrimp...all cooked well and seasoned well. The BIG problem was getting into the place...its attached to the mall.....huge unruly teenage crowd hanging around the outside entrance. Not safe at all.....8-10 police patrolling street across from restaurant where there was a "teen" club. Fights breaking out/kids "punks" verbally threatening. We/my family are pretty "street" wise (live DC area) and we felt uncomfortable. Would not go here again because of this.