“Great Place but small disappointment.”
Review of Kincaid's - Norfolk - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: City Hall Ave.
Description: Today's Interpretation of a Traditional Fish, Chop and Steakhouse... Only Kincaid's recalls the simpler place and time of the Great American Fish, Chop and Steakhouses. Visitors become lifetime guests because Kincaid's recalls the warmth, memories and flavors they know and love. At Kincaid's, Guests savor their dining experience and enjoy wonderfully reasonable prices as well. Kincaid's. Welcome Home.
Newport News, Virginia
“Great Place but small disappointment.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Kincaid's is one of those "special ocassion" kind of places. It is a bit pricey, but usually delivers quality for the price. We went there on a Friday night recently. We began by ordering Oysters on the Half Shell. These took an unusually long time to arrive. The waiter kept coming by saying "They are shucking the oysters", "They are putting them on ice"... etc. Then he would say, "Sorry you don't habe any bread, they are baking a new loaf." FInally we got bread and oysters. The oysters weren't huge but they were plump and tastey. The bread was warm.

Another long while went by before receiving our food. He kept coming by say "Sorry it is taking so long." We finally got our entres. We had both ordered Prime Rib which was cooked to our liking and the portions were much larger than the 8 ounces advertised. The waiter even commented ont he large size of the cuts. Unfortunately, it wasn't the best prime rib I have ever eaten. It wasn't bad but not what I expected from this place.

Overall, the experience was good, but for the price I expect great.

• Visited March 2013

Norfolk, Virginia
“still havent worked it out”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A good location for me, however having been 4 times I am still to receive a half decent Guiness, if you going to have it on tape, make sure the lines are working and the bar tender is adept at poring nitrogen based beer. Food is OK but be careful with the happy hour deals.... good marketing!!

• Visited November 2012
“Oh What a Night”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We've been coming to Kincaid's for many years now. Not a lot, just when we come down for a show at Chrysler Hall or Scope maybe twice per year (this time for Jersey Boys). It has been our go-to place for good food and great service. Sadly, the service has gone downhill. What used to be upscale is now just scale. The "greeter" was absent for some period of time and the waitress was too casual, inattentive and almost, but not quite, slovenly dressed. The crispness of the service and polite manner were gone, at least at our table. The decor has not been updated in years as far as we could tell.

The food, on the other hand, was good. My steak was very good and done just right. My wife's fish (supposedly tilapia) was average. As a matter of fact, after waiting almost 15 minutes for her to return and finally summoning a passing "manager" for assistance, we asked the waitress what type fish was available for the "Fresh Fish" selection. She said "tilapia, salmon, shrimp and scallops" were the "fresh fish of the day." I didn't have the heart to tell her shrimp and scallops were not "fish." As it were, I doubt the farm raised tilapia was "fresh" anyway.

So, I guess we will have to find another go-to place in the future if we are looking for a first class dining experience in Norfolk. I wouldn't discount Kincaid's, but neither can I embrace it.

• Visited March 2013
“I expected more”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My family stopped in for lunch. The service was below expectations as we had to wait too long before ordering our meal. Large portions of food but not as tasty as I expected. It was expensive and for the money I expected much more.

Visited February 2013
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Great place to sit down for lunch”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We love hitting Kincaid's when we are in the mall. Burgers and appetizers are excellent. Service is as well. Have not been here for dinner so cannot give any advice. Luch plenty 'o' times.

Visited February 2013
Tina G, General Manager at Kincaid's - Norfolk, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thanks for your great comments Steve!