“Way overpriced. Might have been good once, not anymore.”

Todd Jurich's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd Jurich's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 849 Restaurants in Norfolk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Boush Street
Description: Here you will discover a unique dining experience in upscale dining - casual elegance. At Todd Jurich's Bistro, you will enjoy five-star cuisine and world-class wines in a relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy flavorful dishes prepared by Chef Todd Jurich and his talented team. He and his staff go the distance to ensure personalized service and a dining experience beyond your expectations.
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We never get to downtown Norfolk, so when we found ourselves in the area we decided to get take-away lunches after hearing about this restaurant. We were shocked at the exorbitant price for the pitifully small portions we received. We ordered the jumbo flounder with lump crab entrée and the homemade truffle ravioli, and added dinner salads to go with both. Both entrées were dripping in buttery sauces (gross). Needless to say the flounder was not "jumbo" and the crabmeat was riddled with shells. The 4 tiny raviolis had 4 tiny bits of "truffle" mushroom-see the photo we submitted; not kidding. Additionally, the raviolis were supposed to be served over spinach-to my surprise, they substituted kale for the spinach (yuk). The salads looked like they came from McDonalds (no offense to McDs). This restaurant might have been worth the price at some point in the past, but it now seems to serve small portions of low-quality food at high-prices.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 24, 2018

Todd Jurich was doing good food in Norfolk before any else was and deserves awards for sticking with the perilous restaurant business, surviving, and thriving. We were huge fans of his little "219" space downtown more than 25 years ago, when downtown wasn't much more than Waterside, Scope, the Union Mission, and a bunch of pawn shops and, now that we're back in town to retire after a long stint in Manhattan, we wanted to check on Todd in his "new" space, which of course isn't all that new to others anymore, just to us. We went for lunch on a weekday. The menu was quite diverse and modestly priced, as was the wine list. My martini was terrific, and the bartender even came to our booth to see if I liked it. (Can you imagine?) I had the meatloaf, which was very good and will want to return for the tartare. My wife had the fried oyster poorboy, which didn't seem to be seasoned much, even with salt. Our booth was comfy but had cracked seats and an unusually dusty frame we felt compelled to wipe down just to pitch in. We will remain fans and will return.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We had a large group and the food and service were excellent. I tried the she crab soup, the crispy duck. I really endnotes both and would recommend stopping to try this restaurant especially if in the area. I thought the wine list and drink specials were also on point.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We recently attended a dinner here with work colleagues and spouses. The service was efficient,although the attitude of the server did not deserve the “18% automatically added” gratuity.
First she was annoyed that we got our own happy hour priced drink from the bar instead of full priced from her. Next she interrupted our table mate to tell him to hurry up and order a drink now, she was there for drink orders. My $12 salad had a good dressing, but the beets and tomatoes were sliced on a mandolin, the thinnest I’ve ever seen. They could have gotten at least 4 salads from one beet and tomato. We ordered the pork tenderloin and lamb entrees, which were recommended by the server. I make more tender and flavorful tenderloin at home. Other people at the table were in agreement with the lack of flavor and tenderness. My husband’s lamb was nothing special and the portion was quite small. There are too many places around to try. I doubt we will go back or ever recommend this place.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We started with tuna poke, fresh and delicious. The soft shell crab was sweet and wonderful. The halibut with crab and sautéed spinach was very good as well. The service was attentive.